LOCI Question Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clint4law

Silver

LOCI Question

Post by clint4law » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 pm

How much of a difference do you guys think including that you "would unconditionally attend if admitted" improve one's chances from getting off a T14 waitlist?

gdane

Diamond

Re: LOCI Question

Post by gdane » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

search through the goddamn posts. Someone asked a LOCI question yesterday.

To answer your question: There is no way to know how much such a statement really matters. The truth is that everyone is probably saying the same or a variant of what youre saying. So, it probably wont help much.

Just be genuine and keep your LOCI short. I cant stress this enough. Be concise. Im not sure if anyone actually reads our LOCI's, but if they do they dont want to read a 2 page personal statement again.

Good Luck.

clint4law

Silver

Post by clint4law » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 am

gdane5 wrote:search through the goddamn posts. Someone asked a LOCI question yesterday.

To answer your question: There is no way to know how much such a statement really matters. The truth is that everyone is probably saying the same or a variant of what youre saying. So, it probably wont help much.

Just be genuine and keep your LOCI short. I cant stress this enough. Be concise. Im not sure if anyone actually reads our LOCI's, but if they do they dont want to read a 2 page personal statement again.

Good Luck.
thanks

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 am

Clint, I think if you are waitlisted, the best thing you can say is that you would absolutely attend if you were admitted (if this is indeed true). Schools don’t want to mess around with WLed applicants; they don’t want to have to call 30 WLed applicants to fill 10 positions.

clint4law

Silver

Post by clint4law » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:54 am

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Clint, I think if you are waitlisted, the best thing you can say is that you would absolutely attend if you were admitted (if this is indeed true). Schools don’t want to mess around with WLed applicants; they don’t want to have to call 30 WLed applicants to fill 10 positions.
i actually did that already...hoping it makes for somewhat of a difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”