only applied to one school should I include this in LOCI? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sdlaw

New

only applied to one school should I include this in LOCI?

Post by sdlaw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm

I only applied to USD as I live in San Diego, have no desire to live anywhere else and I plan on working/living here for the remainder of my life. I applied extremely late in the cycle as in I wasnt complete till sometime in march and I'm wondering if I should mention that USD is the only school i am applying to in my LOCI.

Thanks

KMaine

Silver

Re: only applied to one school should I include this in LOCI?

Post by KMaine » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Yes for admissions, no for financial aid.

MDPSteve

New

Post by MDPSteve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 pm

sdlaw wrote:I only applied to USD as I live in San Diego, have no desire to live anywhere else and I plan on working/living here for the remainder of my life. I applied extremely late in the cycle as in I wasnt complete till sometime in march and I'm wondering if I should mention that USD is the only school i am applying to in my LOCI.

Thanks
I would mention that if accepted I will attend and explain why you love San Diego, etc. When I first though about it I thought you should mention they were your only school but after contemplating it a little more I would worry if you mention it is the only school you applied to they could take it that your desire to attend law school may not be that strong. If you do mention they are the only school you applied to I would follow it up with why they have the best program (not location) for you if you didn't in your initial statement.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:36 pm

No need to say they are they only school you applied to, just let them know that they are your top choice school and you will attend there if accepted.

smov_operator

Bronze

Post by smov_operator » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:No need to say they are they only school you applied to, just let them know that they are your top choice school and you will attend there if accepted.
Agree, they might think it was foolish/presumptuous to have only applied to one school.

sdlaw

New

Post by sdlaw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:39 pm

thank you everyone, very helpful as always

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”