What can I say in my second LOCI ? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crepesme

New

What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Waitlisted by UVA. I have already expressed my love in my first LOCI. And now I don't have any updated transcript. Besides I also mentioned the stuffs I'm doing which I think might be interesting to them. What can I say in my second LOCI?

soonergirl

Bronze

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Post by soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Then you keep it as short as possible. Tell them you're still hoping to attend UVa and you appreciate the place on the waitlist and their continued consideration.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:05 pm

keep it short. people send these 2 page LOCI's sometimes. Wayy too llong.

Just reiterate your interest in the school.The main thing you want to do is stress to them that if you are accepted off the waitlist, you'll attend the school. If you had good numbers then dont worry too much about improving your qualifications. However, whatever you can add thats relevant to you as a law student is fine.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:06 pm

hmm this is why i was always hesitant of sending a LOCI before hearing back a decision... in case you get waitlisted... im glad i didn't

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:09 pm

finalaspects wrote:hmm this is why i was always hesitant of sending a LOCI before hearing back a decision... in case you get waitlisted... im glad i didn't
What bizarre logic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 pm

soonergirl wrote:Then you keep it as short as possible. Tell them you're still hoping to attend UVa and you appreciate the place on the waitlist and their continued consideration.
Good idea. I just began my letter-writing.
Last edited by crepesme on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

soonergirl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:hmm this is why i was always hesitant of sending a LOCI before hearing back a decision... in case you get waitlisted... im glad i didn't
What bizarre logic.
didn't want to churn out something that wasn't new or useful to say. saved an LOCI in case i actually got waitlisted. which is what LOCI was used for until people couldn't wait so they started to send it early before decisions.

now i can express my sincere interest with new and useful things without having to worry about it sounding the same or generic as another LOCI would have been.

also i always thought an LOCI before decision would make it seem like i forgot to put something in the original application. like i didn't express my interest enough or something.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

gdane5 wrote:keep it short. people send these 2 page LOCI's sometimes. Wayy too llong.

Just reiterate your interest in the school.The main thing you want to do is stress to them that if you are accepted off the waitlist, you'll attend the school. If you had good numbers then dont worry too much about improving your qualifications. However, whatever you can add thats relevant to you as a law student is fine.
I wish I had two pages to write. Sometimes I doubt whether they will read it at all or just label it as LOCI and never pay attention to it.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:14 pm

crepesme wrote:Waitlisted by UVA. I have already expressed my love in my first LOCI. And now I don't have any updated transcript. Besides I also mentioned the stuffs I'm doing which I think might be interesting to them. What can I say in my second LOCI?
I went ahead and just wrote it for you. No need to thank me, just send $.

"I [still] love you[, like, a lot]. [Also,] I'm [still] doing all this really cool stuffs.

[You know who it is. ;) XOXO]

Keep it real,

Crepesme"
Last edited by NU_Jet55 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Maybe I just do it for my inner peace. I wish I had applied for ED...

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:didn't out to churn out something that wan't new or useful to say. saved an LOCI in case i actually got waitlisted. which is what LOCI was used for until people couldn't wait so they started to send it early before decisions.
Actually, in your case you might skip the LoCI altogether. lol!

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:16 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
crepesme wrote:Waitlisted by UVA. I have already expressed my love in my first LOCI. And now I don't have any updated transcript. Besides I also mentioned the stuffs I'm doing which I think might be interesting to them. What can I say in my second LOCI?
I went ahead and just wrote it for you. No need to thank me, just send $.

"I [still] love you[, like, a lot]. [Also,] I'm [still] doing all this really cool stuffs.

[You know who it is. ;) XOXO]

Keep it real,

Crepesme"
Or I can say, You know you love me, XOXO 8)

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:17 pm

crepesme wrote:
im just not creative enough to come up with another page of something new to say so i didn't send one.

maybe sending one helped you, and if you didn't send one, you might not even have been waitlisted? so it might have been very smart of you to have done so.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm

P.S. Everybody and their dog got waitlisted to UVA, and they're all writing LOCI's. Nothing you write in your LOCI is going to get you in there.*

*Unless you stuff it with enough $$$ for a new library or guaranteed jobs in the governor's office for the lowest ranked graduates.
Last edited by NU_Jet55 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 pm

finalaspects wrote:
crepesme wrote:
im just not creative enough to come up with another page of something new to say so i didn't send one.

maybe sending one helped you, and if you didn't send one, you might not even have been waitlisted? so it might have been very smart of you to have done so.
I sent them the first one after I've been waitlisted. I'm still not brave enough to send a school one before it waitlists me....

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:20 pm

soonergirl wrote:
finalaspects wrote:didn't out to churn out something that wan't new or useful to say. saved an LOCI in case i actually got waitlisted. which is what LOCI was used for until people couldn't wait so they started to send it early before decisions.
Actually, in your case you might skip the LoCI altogether. lol!
Soonergirl are you at OU Law or a 0L from Oklahoma?

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:21 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:P.S. Everybody and their dog got waitlisted to UVA, and they're all writing LOCI's. Nothing you write in your LOCI is going to get you in there.*

*Unless you stuff it with enough $$$ for a new library or guaranteed jobs in the governor's office for the lowest ranked graduates.
I seriously doubt ppl with that kind of $$$ would ever know what LOCI stands for, haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:21 pm

crepesme wrote: I sent them the first one after I've been waitlisted. I'm still not brave enough to send a school one before it waitlists me....
i know what you mean.

but so you sent UVA a LOCI already after being waitlisted and not before? why are you sending a second one? has it been a while since you sent your first? Most schools won't even look at waitlists until May at least from what i've seen/read.

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Am I incorrect in my belief that they don't want to see a second LOCI? I imagine that they already know what they want about you, and a sentence or two saying "oh yeah, don't forget that I would totally come here if you thought I was worthy; just in case you lost my first letter saying this" won't help.

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:
crepesme wrote: I sent them the first one after I've been waitlisted. I'm still not brave enough to send a school one before it waitlists me....
i know what you mean.

but so you sent UVA a LOCI already after being waitlisted and not before? why are you sending a second one? has it been a while since you sent your first? Most schools won't even look at waitlists until May at least from what i've seen/read.
1. cause I'm nervous
2. cause I'm afraid of being released

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Z3RO wrote:Am I incorrect in my belief that they don't want to see a second LOCI? I imagine that they already know what they want about you, and a sentence or two saying "oh yeah, don't forget that I would totally come here if you thought I was worthy; just in case you lost my first letter saying this" won't help.
Not sure. I guess it would be more helpful if I could send my LOCI directly into the Dean's dream.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Z3RO wrote:Am I incorrect in my belief that they don't want to see a second LOCI? I imagine that they already know what they want about you, and a sentence or two saying "oh yeah, don't forget that I would totally come here if you thought I was worthy; just in case you lost my first letter saying this" won't help.
If you're waitlisted to the same schools as me, then you shouldn't send them anything...In fact, go ahead and withdraw from all those schools and call it good.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:28 pm

yea i always thought bugging them too much was a bad idea. especially without any new fact or something concrete to say. its also why im saving my LOCI until around May because i want them to read it when they're actually considering the waitlists and it'll be fresh in their minds. assuming they read it when you send it... i could be wrong.

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

finalaspects wrote:
yea i always thought bugging them too much was a bad idea. especially without any new fact or something concrete to say. its also why im saving my LOCI until around May because i want them to read it when they're actually considering the waitlists and it'll be fresh in their minds. assuming they read it when you send it... i could be wrong.
That's the other thing. From what they said when I sent it to them, the letter went into my "file". This means that if they go to review me again, it'll be sitting right there.

I never understood trying to time/delay your LOCI's, unless you're like a month away from a big promotion or something.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Z3RO wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
That's the other thing. From what they said when I sent it to them, the letter went into my "file". This means that if they go to review me again, it'll be sitting right there.

I never understood trying to time/delay your LOCI's, unless you're like a month away from a big promotion or something.
not all schools just put them into a file. one school i contacted with a letter (not LOCI) but with new information, not only did they put it on file, but the dean of the school actually read it and responded directly to me the next day. if this dean remembers me more, because it was recent, i figure sending it late would be better. if it just goes into a file it wont' matter even if i send it late anyways.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”