Nothing from LSU yet... Applied on 11/23... Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
doug_7506

New

Nothing from LSU yet... Applied on 11/23...

Post by doug_7506 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:16 am

Just wondering if anyone else has been waiting this long.... I know I am a reach, but I have yet to recieve a waitlist, reject, or accept..... Nothing.... Just a letter on 11/24 informing me that my file is complete.

RSN_M3

Bronze

Re: Nothing from LSU yet... Applied on 11/23...

Post by RSN_M3 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:29 am

That's weird, I applied 11/18 and was admitted sometime early Feb. My LSAT was around median and GPA was above 75%.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Alright this is what has likely happened:

A. You are waitlisted and LSU has not afforded you the courtesy of notifying you. The first seat deposit isn't due until April 15th, so once that date is over the first wave of waitlisted people will start getting accepted.

B. LSU, like some schools, takes it sweet ass time with notifying you about things. I got into LSU back in Jan or early Feb, can't remember exactly, and I applied in November. However, there are other schools I applied to at the same time and haven't heard shit back from yet. For example, still NOTHING from ASU or my own State U, University of New Mexico. I haven't been notified of an acceptance, waitlist, or reject. Jack squat. I didn't think LSU was like this considering that I was notified rather timely from the school. However, some schools just take their time ALOT more than others. I know it is insulting and frustrating, especially if you paid the 60-80 dollars for the processing fee. You deserve to at least be told where you stand after paying the money.

To sum it up. If you haven't heard anything back from LSU by late April or early May then definetly call. You can always call now, I've found the people on the fun to be nice and helpful, right to the point about my questions.

doug_7506

New

Post by doug_7506 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks for both of the replies....

it is just frustrating... Wish they would hav eat least sent me an email/letter informing me that I was waitlisted.. I figured I would be waitlisted... I thought by now I would hear something since they sent me a fee waver and told me I had a good chance at receiving financial aid.

I guess I have no other choice but to wait...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”