So is April the month when waitlisted people Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Generic20101L

Bronze

So is April the month when waitlisted people

Post by Generic20101L » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:35 pm

start getting pulled off and offered admission?

UFPilot

New

Re: So is April the month when waitlisted people

Post by UFPilot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I would like to think so. I mean seat deposits are typically due in early-mid April, so you'd think that schools would realize who's not attending. And then they would start opening up the wait list...

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:12 pm

There may be some activity off the waitlist in April, but I wouldn't expect heavy activity until May or June. There's still many who are still pending/in-review at schools that'll likely hear first. Check out LSN and this should give you a good picture of a specific school's activities. Good luck.

icydash

Bronze

Post by icydash » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Another important thing to consider is that law schools admit way more people then they actually have in their class. For instance, if a class is going to be 250 students, they will flat out admit sometimes up to 500 kids, knowing 50% of them won't show. So just because some people don't put down their seat deposits mid-april doesn't mean they will go to the waitlist. They may still have more than enough kids to make a full class....

That being said, though, I'd expect any waitlist activity to be more in the May-June area, when people have actually decided where they want to go and aren't just putting down seat deposits at 2-3 schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”