Deposits due before other schools give you decisions? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shock259

Gold

Deposits due before other schools give you decisions?

Post by shock259 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I've been accepted to one of my top 3 choices. T1 whooooo. But April 15th is the date when you must confirm your intent to attend and submit your first deposit. It's only $300, so it isn't the end of the world if I lose it, but it's looking like a few of my other choices are not going to have their decisions in before then (Arizona State is one, who is notoriously bad at giving decisions before reaaaaally late).

If I wanted to go to those schools, but they are right within my middle range and acceptance is not at all guaranteed, what is the best course of action? Is there anything I can do besides throw down the deposit and forfeit it if I get into the other schools?

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Re: Deposits due before other schools give you decisions?

Post by Charles Barkley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Pay multiple deposits and just lose the money once you commit to the other school.

j.wellington

Bronze

Re: Deposits due before other schools give you decisions?

Post by j.wellington » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Yes, that's correct. And yes, everyone's annoyed by it. And no, there's nothing you can do about it. The $300-500 you spent in fees will get your applications read, but it won't buy you basic courtesy.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”