Campbell PBAP Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NCcop2lawyer

New

Campbell PBAP

Post by NCcop2lawyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 am

I checked status checker this morning and found that I was accepted to the PBAP program at Campbell. :( This might as well been a rejection. I don't think this is an option for me. Checking on LSN and these forums, it appears classes start in May for 7 weeks. Class size ranges from 30-60, with a 20-25% fall seat offer rate. The cost is some where above $3000. I read a post from 2008, but was unable to paste it or quote it.

Campbell was my second choice to UNC (which is a reach for the stars). I was concerned by the high tuition at Campbell, but felt I would be accepted there.

Anyone have experience or insight in regards to the PBAP?

I am still pending at Elon, Charleston, NCCU, UNC, and UofSC.

NCcop2lawyer

New

Campbell PBAP

Post by NCcop2lawyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 am

From Campbell's website:

Performance-based Admissions Program (PBAP)

All applicants not offered direct admission to the fall class are considered for admission to the Performance Based Admissions Program (PBAP). Those accepted into PBAP attend a seven-week session of summer school designed to access the student’s ability to handle the rigors of legal study.

These classes do not count toward law school credit.

Applicants with no interest in PBAP should note this on their application for admission.

Upon completion of the program, participants who have achieved satisfactory performance will be admitted into the fall class. Students may not defer enrollment into PBAP, and students granted seats in fall classes through PBAP may not defer their enrollment.

Historically, one-quarter (1/4) to one-third (1/3) of the PBAP class have been offered admission into the fall class.

"All applicants" - I am wondering, does this mean no one is outright rejected? All applicants are offered a chance at PBAP?

Favor2010

New

Re: Campbell PBAP

Post by Favor2010 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:14 am

Students are often rejected at Campbell. However, students who they feel have the potential to do well in law school, but don't neccessarily have the numbers, are sometimes offered PBAP. My understanding is that they must LIKE something about your file, but are uncomfortable with a direct admit. NCCU has PBAP as well. From what I hear, NCCU's PBAP is shorter, cost less, and has a higher rate of admission offers than Campbell's. Good luck with getting directly admitted at one of your remaining schools. I hope this feedback is helpful!

DoktorZaius

New

Post by DoktorZaius » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am

NCcop2lawyer wrote:From Campbell's website:
All applicants not offered direct admission to the fall class are considered for admission to the Performance Based Admissions Program (PBAP). Those accepted into PBAP attend a seven-week session of summer school designed to access the student’s ability to handle the rigors of legal study.
They're saying that all applicants not offered direct admission are considered for admission to the PBAP, not that all denials are auto admitted to PBAP.

So as the above poster said, you impressed them in some way, just probably not a pure numbers sort of way.

NCcop2lawyer

New

Post by NCcop2lawyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks guys, you have made me feel a little better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

madanie1

New

Post by madanie1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 am

I was also accepted into Campbell's PBAP program. At first I thought that it meant if I do well my first year I won't be kicked out. Not so! Do you know if they provide on campus housing? I figure I have to do it so that I can be granted admission, but from what I've heard, I don't know if I should hold out much hope!

NCcop2lawyer

New

Post by NCcop2lawyer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

madanie1 wrote: Do you know if they provide on campus housing?
They do not provide any housing.

madanie1

New

Post by madanie1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 pm

I called them today: $3,000 plus the cost of textbooks, to find good housing go to http://www.rentinraleighnow.com, the dates are May 24- July 15

burge104

New

Post by burge104 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Hey guys I'm in the same boat for Cambell w/ the PBAP. Call me crazy but I'm not willing to drop $5k on a conditional acceptance. If I'm like others, then you guys didn't get offered any scholarship $. I could use that 5k towards tuition at another school w/ the same reputation.

I applied to Charleston also, and if I were you I'd hold out for it. I know I will be before I have to pay for school for no credit. $5k is twice my undegrad tuition for 1 semster!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alli

New

Post by alli » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 pm

I was also admitted into the PBAP at Campbell. Campbell is the school I want to attend so I plan on attending the program in the summer. I have not received any information regarding the program yet though.

NCcop2lawyer

New

Post by NCcop2lawyer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm

alli wrote:I have not received any information regarding the program yet though.
Me either, no email or snail mail to date. The status change date shown is 3/12/10.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”