UNC at sticker vs. Villanova w/$$ Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

UNC at sticker or Villanova w/45k?

UNC
50%
Villanova
50%

Total votes: 18

ellewoods

New

UNC at sticker vs. Villanova w/$$

Post by ellewoods » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 pm

My two top schools right now are UNC and Villanova. Villanova offered me $15k/year with no GPA stipulation and I liked the school when I visited. I also really liked UNC when I visited however I have not yet and am not likely to recieve any scholarship offers there. I know there's a pretty big difference in the rankings, and also the cost of living (it would probably cost about 2k/month at Villanova vs. $600/month at UNC). Any thoughts?

Thank you!

KimmyGibbler

New

Re: UNC at sticker vs. Villanova w/$$

Post by KimmyGibbler » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm

The cost of living is more similar than you indicate, unless you plan on living in a shack if you go to UNC and a nice apartment if you go to Nova.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Where do you want to practice?

ellewoods

New

Post by ellewoods » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I'd live on campus (or at least try to) if I went to UNC which comes out to about that per month divided out, at Villanova I'd have to live off campus and at least all the apts. I looked at nearby were over $1,000 a month + utilities and parking space fees

I don't have a preference as to where I want to practice yet, I'm pretty flexible. But I really liked North Carolina when I visited.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:50 pm

15k/year is nothing in the grand scheme of things when comparing unc vs. villanova... if the difference is a 150k loan at unc vs 15k loan at villanova, then that's more of a troublesome decision.

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 pm

ellewoods wrote:I'd live on campus (or at least try to) if I went to UNC which comes out to about that per month divided out, at Villanova I'd have to live off campus and at least all the apts. I looked at nearby were over $1,000 a month + utilities and parking space fees

I don't have a preference as to where I want to practice yet, I'm pretty flexible. But I really liked North Carolina when I visited.
What? There are PLENTY of places below $1,000!

Go to http://www.law.villanova.edu/Student%20 ... using.aspx and then click the Download/View link, which lists popular apartments in the area. i'm in a single, 600 sq ft, $875/month.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”