Who made the MPV YP trifecta? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vincent Vega

Silver

Re: Who made the MPV YP trifecta?

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 pm

I was YPed at M and V - didn't apply to P.

165/3.9

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I was YPed at M and V - didn't apply to P.

165/3.9
You wish that was YP.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 am

T14_Scholly wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I was YPed at M and V - didn't apply to P.

165/3.9
You wish that was YP.
This is true. I made jokes.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:13 am

Wait, why are people who got into CCN crying again?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 am

I made the HYS YP trifecta last cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:26 am

kittenmittons wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:
Your application sucked and/or it made you sound like a douche.
Wouldn't that make him an autoadmit at dook?

In at Chicago, waitlisted from MV, still waiting on P. Don't know if it's YP or not, but I had a bad feeling about MVP before the cycle so I'm just glad I got a bite from CCN.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 am

scribelaw wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:This is an amazing thread and serves a purpose other than group back patting for making CCN!!!!!
You may be right, but I'm still curious about why MVP practices so much yield protection, while similarly ranked (with a broad definition of similar, not trying to troll) schools like Northwestern, Duke and Georgetown don't. Also, lower ranked schools like BU and WUSTL don't YP, either. They probably receive a lot fewer 171+ applicants, but still.

Yield is a small factor in USNWR. But I'd imagine a lot of people they're WLing would consider MVP, especially with $$. I know I would, but I think I'm destined for straight WL at this trio.
If UVA accepted everyone with "admit numbers" its entering class would be 500+ students instead of the 360ish they shoot for.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 am

existenz wrote:Wait, why are people who got into CCN crying again?
Becuz mayb they wanted Darrow. hth

(I am convinced that my CCN chances are now better than my MVP chances. But my CCN chances suck. So I'm screwed. Thank you USNews)

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:53 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:This is an amazing thread and serves a purpose other than group back patting for making CCN!!!!!
You may be right, but I'm still curious about why MVP practices so much yield protection, while similarly ranked (with a broad definition of similar, not trying to troll) schools like Northwestern, Duke and Georgetown don't. Also, lower ranked schools like BU and WUSTL don't YP, either. They probably receive a lot fewer 171+ applicants, but still.

Yield is a small factor in USNWR. But I'd imagine a lot of people they're WLing would consider MVP, especially with $$. I know I would, but I think I'm destined for straight WL at this trio.
If UVA accepted everyone with "admit numbers" its entering class would be 500+ students instead of the 360ish they shoot for.
Disagree, if they efficiently maximized their class numbers they would enroll 360 students with the highest possible medians. If you have a group of 500+ students wanting to enroll with a 3.85/170 median, why not cut the bottom 140 and bump your median to 3.86-3.87/170?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JetstoRJC

Bronze

Post by JetstoRJC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 am

im_blue wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
scribelaw wrote:

Disagree, if they efficiently maximized their class numbers they would enroll 360 students with the highest possible medians. If you have a group of 500+ students wanting to enroll with a 3.85/170 median, why not cut the bottom 140 and bump your median to 3.86-3.87/170?
Again, I would imagine it comes down to scholarship money. MPV are going to have to generally offer significant $ to take some applicants away from CCN. Sure it would be great to cut the bottom 140 and boost your medians, but that bottom 140 you are cutting is likely 140 students paying sticker.

I think Admissions officers have a pretty good idea of who they can accept and the type of medians they can pursue.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”