NYU Scholarship Updates Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Gold

Re: NYU Scholarship Updates

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 pm

$105,000 if I do PI and $88,000 if I don't.

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 pm

-
Last edited by runnerman on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regatsrj

Bronze

Post by regatsrj » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

runnerman wrote:Has anyone been invited for a RTK interview? The website says that those selected will be notified between February 22 and March 15, 2010, with the interviews happening on March 27.

I haven't even been ACCEPTED to NYU yet so I'm afraid my chances are nil, which is a huge bummer, but I was curious if anyone else has heard? If not, then I feel like my odds go from 0 to 0.001%....
All the scholarship invites were sent out by last week. NYU sent out an email to admitted students on Monday, I think, informing us of this. Sorry :(

mh7777

New

Post by mh7777 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

regatsrj wrote:
runnerman wrote:Has anyone been invited for a RTK interview? The website says that those selected will be notified between February 22 and March 15, 2010, with the interviews happening on March 27.

I haven't even been ACCEPTED to NYU yet so I'm afraid my chances are nil, which is a huge bummer, but I was curious if anyone else has heard? If not, then I feel like my odds go from 0 to 0.001%....
All the scholarship invites were sent out by last week. NYU sent out an email to admitted students on Monday, I think, informing us of this. Sorry :(
Hm. I'm an admitted student and didn't get such an email.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 pm

mh7777 wrote:
regatsrj wrote:

Maybe they only sent to to people who applied for the special named scholarships?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mh7777

New

Post by mh7777 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:41 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
mh7777 wrote:
regatsrj wrote:

Maybe they only sent to to people who applied for the special named scholarships?
Nope, I applied for RTK. It occurs to me that I haven't gotten any emails from them, though. Maybe I should check on that...

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
mh7777 wrote:
regatsrj wrote:

I applied for special named scholarships and did not get this e-mail. But I figured I was out of the running anyway.

It seems like a couple people who didn't get the initial Dean's scholarship e-mail have since gotten offers, though, so I am holding out a faint hope on that.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:36 pm

FWIW I don't remember anyone who'd applied for a named scholy getting the email last week. IIRC it was all those who had good numbers but hadn't applied for a named scholy.

SR86

New

Post by SR86 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Got an email today telling me I'm a finalist for the intellectual property law scholars program... time to book a flight to NY.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:FWIW I don't remember anyone who'd applied for a named scholy getting the email last week. IIRC it was all those who had good numbers but hadn't applied for a named scholy.
I know a few people (including myself) who got e-mails last week about the Scholars programs, maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

chw

New

Post by chw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:02 pm

I got the criminal law scholars finalist email and interview/chat invitation on 3/3 and a call saying I'm a root finalist and discussing logistics on 3/9 fwiw...
regatsrj wrote:

ubuntu818

New

Post by ubuntu818 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:43 am

Have any of the finalists for the Law and Economics Scholars program been notified of getting (or not getting) the award?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

ubuntu818 wrote:Have any of the finalists for the Law and Economics Scholars program been notified of getting (or not getting) the award?
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cboo

New

Post by cboo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
ubuntu818 wrote:Have any of the finalists for the Law and Economics Scholars program been notified of getting (or not getting) the award?
+1
Or finalists for any of the other scholars programs?

gunners

New

Post by gunners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I heard last week that I got this award. It was done through the NYU financial aid website/interface on the admitted students site (though they also sent me an email) - so I think you have to fill out the financial aid info and wait a few weeks to hear back.

cboo

New

Post by cboo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:52 pm

gunners wrote:
I heard last week that I got this award. It was done through the NYU financial aid website/interface on the admitted students site (though they also sent me an email) - so I think you have to fill out the financial aid info and wait a few weeks to hear back.

As a finalist for the IP scholars program who has heard nothing, I find this info concerning. Does anyone know anything about how this process works/how many scholarships they give out? I can't find anything.

j nyc

New

Post by j nyc » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:49 pm

-
Last edited by j nyc on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 pm

j nyc wrote:likely idiotic question:
accepting the award and putting down the deposit on april 2nd means that we are bound to attend and must withdraw from other schools, right?
or, if we were to pay the deposit and then we were to receive a significant financial aid offer in mid-april from another school -- would we be able to accept that offer (and just lose the nyu deposit)?

i'm thinking it's the former but i would like to verify :]
The former. Deposits at most schools are not binding, but the deposit at NYU is binding.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 pm

gunners wrote:
You mind letting us know what the e-mail said?

gunners

New

Post by gunners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
gunners wrote:
You mind letting us know what the e-mail said?
Fairly standard - "We've completed the review of your financial aid app', 'log in to the financial aid website to see', or something to that effect. And then the financial aid website had a pdf on the my awards tab.

chinny123

New

Post by chinny123 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm

BenJ wrote:
j nyc wrote:likely idiotic question:
accepting the award and putting down the deposit on april 2nd means that we are bound to attend and must withdraw from other schools, right?
or, if we were to pay the deposit and then we were to receive a significant financial aid offer in mid-april from another school -- would we be able to accept that offer (and just lose the nyu deposit)?

i'm thinking it's the former but i would like to verify :]
The former. Deposits at most schools are not binding, but the deposit at NYU is binding.
But how are they supposed to know?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:44 pm

The deposit at NYU is binding-ish. What you are promising is to withdraw from all of the other schools that have accepted you at that point in time and not to submit any new applications. The wording leaves obvious leeway to keep applications in at schools that have not decided on you and schools that have waitlisted you.

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

lsathalon wrote:The deposit at NYU is binding-ish. What you are promising is to withdraw from all of the other schools that have accepted you at that point in time and not to submit any new applications. The wording leaves obvious leeway to keep applications in at schools that have not decided on you and schools that have waitlisted you.
Phew, thanks for that. I was worried I'd have to pull out of my waitlists, so this is a relief.

lessthanthree

New

Post by lessthanthree » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 pm

does anyone know if there's a significant difference between your application being "under review" and "in final stage of review"? mine went to being under review to in the final stage of review the day i submitted it, so i'm kinda skeptical. how long has it taken to hear back from the point that it's in its final stages? thanks for any input!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 pm

lessthanthree wrote:does anyone know if there's a significant difference between your application being "under review" and "in final stage of review"? mine went to being under review to in the final stage of review the day i submitted it, so i'm kinda skeptical. how long has it taken to hear back from the point that it's in its final stages? thanks for any input!
I'm wondering the same thing. I turned mine in at like 11:00 PM and when I checked the next morning it was in the "final stage of review."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”