Waitlisted at St. Mary's Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AnnieOakley

New

Waitlisted at St. Mary's

Post by AnnieOakley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

I just got a letter from St. Mary’s notifying me I had been put on the waitlist. I’m a bit shocked, because my numbers are strong enough to get (3.2/155) in, and I applied before the start of this new year. Has anyone else been waitlisted, and if so, what is your status?

emkay625

Gold

Re: Waitlisted at St. Mary's

Post by emkay625 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 pm

That seems surprising - both of your numbers are above their median. Has anyone else heard?
Last edited by emkay625 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

RhodesBwana

New

Post by RhodesBwana » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 pm

That does seem strange. I'd bet if you write them stating your case and showing you're into them you'll be okay. Good luck.

I applied as an extra sure safety. They accepted me but gave a horrible scholarship. I wonder if its because I likely wouldn't attend? I'm withdrawing this week, so maybe you can have my spot. :-)

windowshopper

New

Post by windowshopper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Last edited by windowshopper on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

jgrin

Bronze

Post by jgrin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm

My status checker changes last week saying they had mailed a decision(wed). I got the acceptance on Friday with no scholly. I had a 153 and a 3.47. No idea what you didn't get accepted for. Where are you from? What undergrad did you go to?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MDPSteve

New

Post by MDPSteve » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:49 pm

RhodesBwana wrote:That does seem strange. I'd bet if you write them stating your case and showing you're into them you'll be okay. Good luck.

I applied as an extra sure safety. They accepted me but gave a horrible scholarship. I wonder if its because I likely wouldn't attend? I'm withdrawing this week, so maybe you can have my spot. :-)
Did the scholarship info come with the acceptance or in a seperate letter? I got my acceptance letter but it didn't mention anything on a scholarship.

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 am

MDPSteve wrote:
RhodesBwana wrote:That does seem strange. I'd bet if you write them stating your case and showing you're into them you'll be okay. Good luck.

Did the scholarship info come with the acceptance or in a seperate letter? I got my acceptance letter but it didn't mention anything on a scholarship.
I received mine about 1-2 weeks after receiving my acceptance letter. It was surprisingly paltry though.

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:54 pm

This is bad news for me! I have a 148 - 3.8. I was hoping to get waitlisted...may not even get that. The crazy thing is that I went to LSP and I was ADMIT, so I was feeling pretty secure.

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:25 pm

I just got accepted 153 LSAT 3.79 GPA...hoping for scholarship...will seee i suppose :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am

skoalkat wrote:I just got accepted 153 LSAT 3.79 GPA...hoping for scholarship...will seee i suppose :mrgreen:

Congrats. Is this your number 1 choice?

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:35 pm

its tied for second cause of its location. baylor is my dream school..i know i'm not going to get in...but the application was free...I also to Texas Tech but not fond off lubbock unless they give me some green. I'm really hoping for a scholarship.

tuna4

New

Post by tuna4 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm

status checker says letter sent, anybody else see this today?

windowshopper

New

Post by windowshopper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Last edited by windowshopper on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tuna4

New

Post by tuna4 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 pm

windowshopper wrote:If any of you got a scholarship, would ya'll mind saying how much it was for and your numbers? I can't believe they didn't offer me anything... :( I got the fin aid letter in the mail, but it was only for loans.
did your status checker ever change to show a decision, or do they only give you the decision via snail mail? what were your numbers?

MDPSteve

New

Post by MDPSteve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm

tuna4 wrote:
windowshopper wrote:If any of you got a scholarship, would ya'll mind saying how much it was for and your numbers? I can't believe they didn't offer me anything... :( I got the fin aid letter in the mail, but it was only for loans.
did your status checker ever change to show a decision, or do they only give you the decision via snail mail? what were your numbers?
I was accepted about a month ago and haven't received anything on scholarships from them... I think I'm going to call next week before withdrawing to make sure.

My status checker never changed but I did receive a congrats email from a current student a couple of days after decision sent.

windowshopper

New

Post by windowshopper » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:22 am

Last edited by windowshopper on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 pm

windowshopper wrote:
tuna4 wrote:
My status checker didn't show the decision but said that they made a decision. It said something like " a decision has been made and a letter has been sent via surface mail. Decisions cannot be given out over phone/ fax/ email" or something like that. I received the letter a day later.

161/3.6 --no scholly. :(

I would have liked to seriously consider St. Mary's because I really wanted to move back to SA, but am probably going to be withdrawing as soon as I get a better picture of my finaid packages at other schools.
on law school numbers somebody with worse numbers got a scholly...maybe they are all out of money now ..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tuna4

New

Post by tuna4 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Received acceptance letter today. Deposit due April 1, seems kind of soon. Still waiting on other schools decisions.

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:18 am

tuna4 wrote:Received acceptance letter today. Deposit due April 1, seems kind of soon. Still waiting on other schools decisions.

congrats bud!!!!yeah it does seem kinda soon...still waiting on my financial package lettter

hookem

New

Post by hookem » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Ive been complete for two months and it's really annoying that I haven't heard back from them. Anybody know how their admissions process works? Is it just random?

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 pm

honestly i have no clue i went complete in a day and decision was made in a week........just weird

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:21 am

hookem wrote:Ive been complete for two months and it's really annoying that I haven't heard back from them. Anybody know how their admissions process works? Is it just random?

It is completely random. I called last the Friday and the lady told me that ADCOM peeps come and grab a stack of apps, no particular order or method. I have been complete for a couple months as well. Call and ask if your app is under review yet.

skoalkat

New

Post by skoalkat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Award letters for schollies will be mailed at end of the week

hookem

New

Post by hookem » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

It is completely random. I called last the Friday and the lady told me that ADCOM peeps come and grab a stack of apps, no particular order or method. I have been complete for a couple months as well. Call and ask if your app is under review yet.
I called today and they told me that I was not even under review still :? I think Im going to end up going to south texas college of law.

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

hookem wrote:
I called today and they told me that I was not even under review still :? I think Im going to end up going to south texas college of law.

I know how you feel. Are you on LSN?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”