Suggestion For All 0L's Visiting Law Schools Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeCivitate

New

Suggestion For All 0L's Visiting Law Schools

Post by DeCivitate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Do not ask questions or raise your hand when you are sitting in on a class, unless you are asked to do so. Especially don't ask questions that are law-related as opposed to law-school related. Not only will you look like an idiot because you have no clue what you are talking about or asking about, but everyone will realize immediately that you are a stupid gunner. This happened when I was visiting W&L last year, and it just happened to me when 0L's visited my class today. You will have just wasted everyone's time and money, so shut the fuck up.

chadwick218

Silver

Re: Suggestion For All 0L's Visiting Law Schools

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Sit towards the very back of the class and don't bring a computer. This year, there was a girl visiting who thought that it would be a great idea to sit in the front of the class. With her laptop open the professor proceeded to call on her and she was too embarassed to say that she was only a prospectus. I had a great time in class that day!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 pm

chadwick218 wrote:Sit towards the very back of the class and don't bring a computer. This year, there was a girl visiting who thought that it would be a great idea to sit in the front of the class. With her laptop open the professor proceeded to call on her and she was too embarassed to say that she was only a prospectus. I had a great time in class that day!
0L Gunners LMAO

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 pm

chadwick218 wrote:Sit towards the very back of the class and don't bring a computer. This year, there was a girl visiting who thought that it would be a great idea to sit in the front of the class. With her laptop open the professor proceeded to call on her and she was too embarassed to say that she was only a prospectus. I had a great time in class that day!
I would be so embarrassed if this happened to me...I'm going to sit in the very back row and shrink into my seat as best as I can :oops:

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

blue5385 wrote:
I would be so embarrassed if this happened to me...I'm going to sit in the very back row and shrink into my seat as best as I can :oops:
She wasn't terribly attractive so I hope that she decides not to attend ... more than GPA / LSAT scores, my school really needs to work on improving it's overall level of "talent."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

blue5385 wrote:

i wouldnt be embarrassed at all, I would just say i'm a prospective student and I dont know the answer. How is that embarrassing lol?

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:16 pm

blue5385 wrote:
I guess I should consider myself lucky. On my last LS visit I had a computer in the back of the room, trying to see if I could adjust to taking my notes with a laptop. Fortunately, the professor didn't do a lot of cold-calling, so I never ended up in the spotlight.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 pm

itsfine wrote:
blue5385 wrote:

i wouldnt be embarrassed at all, I would just say i'm a prospective student and I dont know the answer. How is that embarrassing lol?
Yes, but what was great was that she was too embarrassed to admit the fact of she was a prospective ... thereby furthering embarrassing her ...

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
itsfine wrote:
blue5385 wrote:

Yes, but what was great was that she was too embarrassed to admit the fact of she was a prospective ... thereby furthering embarrassing her ...
So what did she do? Attempt to answer the question?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:23 pm

galahad85 wrote:So what did she do? Attempt to answer the question?
Yeah, in property ... the one law school class where common sense seems to apply the least.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Unfortunately not everyone has that option. When I visited a school, the tour guide let the professor know that a few of us would be sitting in, and the professor cleared out the front row and made us sit there. The back of the room would have been preferable...

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
Unfortunately not everyone has that option. When I visited a school, the tour guide let the professor know that a few of us would be sitting in, and the professor cleared out the front row and made us sit there. The back of the room would have been preferable...
And to give this girl credit, I think that all of the seats in the back of the class room may have been taken ... however, that fact makes my story less appealing.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:44 pm

chadwick218 wrote:She wasn't terribly attractive so I hope that she decides not to attend ... more than GPA / LSAT scores, my school really needs to work on improving it's overall level of "talent."
Yeah, what happens to all the young women who seem to distract fellow test-takers during LSAT administrations? They must wind up somewhere.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm

itsfine wrote:
blue5385 wrote:

maybe I'm just really self-conscious?

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:50 pm

existenz wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:She wasn't terribly attractive so I hope that she decides not to attend ... more than GPA / LSAT scores, my school really needs to work on improving it's overall level of "talent."
Yeah, what happens to all the young women who seem to distract fellow test-takers during LSAT administrations? They must wind up somewhere.

LOL ... I saw that thread, but thought that it would be best not to comment. I remember that before I finally took the plunge this past fall, I had applied to law schools 5-years ago.

I remember that St. Louis University required that you submit a photo for admissions purposes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”