Michigan scholarship under "Mail and Money" tab? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
parker09

Bronze

Michigan scholarship under "Mail and Money" tab?

Post by parker09 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm

For people who have received a merit/Dean's scholarship from Mich... does it show up under the Mail and Money tab of the admitted student's website?

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Re: Michigan scholarship under "Mail and Money" tab?

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Along these lines, how difficult is it to be considered for a need-based grant?

I took the short financial survey on the admitted student cite, and received the automated response that I do not qualify for need-based aid and was not prompted to complete a Need Access application. Considering that I have about 100 bucks to my name and a negative net worth I was very surprised.

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:Along these lines, how difficult is it to be considered for a need-based grant?

I took the short financial survey on the admitted student cite, and received the automated response that I do not qualify for need-based aid and was not prompted to complete a Need Access application. Considering that I have about 100 bucks to my name and a negative net worth I was very surprised.
Yeah I got that too, but then I filled out the box under the "Additional stuff you would like us to consider" or whatever tab, and I just got an email from the Asst Dean of Fin Aid asking for my UG fin aid documentation, which I don't have readily available.

People with my #s have been getting money so far, so I just want to check to see if there's a way to find out if I got any merit money before pursuing this-- I'm abroad and stuff takes 3-10 weeks to get to me in the mail, so it's possible that I just haven't gotten a letter yet. One person in the Mich 2010 thread mentioned something about it showing up on the admitted students site, but I haven't heard about it otherwise.

RhubarbPie

Bronze

Post by RhubarbPie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

parker09 wrote:For people who have received a merit/Dean's scholarship from Mich... does it show up under the Mail and Money tab of the admitted student's website?
It showed up under my mail and money tab (the date of the mailing was listed and labeled as "Dean's Scholarship Mailing" or something), but I think I heard that some others received their scholarship mailing without it being listed.

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm

hykang wrote: It showed up under my mail and money tab (the date of the mailing was listed and labeled as "Dean's Scholarship Mailing" or something), but I think I heard that some others received their scholarship mailing without it being listed.
Thanks! I think maybe they've just started posting them, in which case, I'm wondering if people are retro-actively getting this posted under Mail and Money...

Anyone else?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JetstoRJC

Bronze

Post by JetstoRJC » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 pm

parker09 wrote:
hykang wrote: It showed up under my mail and money tab (the date of the mailing was listed and labeled as "Dean's Scholarship Mailing" or something), but I think I heard that some others received their scholarship mailing without it being listed.
Thanks! I think maybe they've just started posting them, in which case, I'm wondering if people are retro-actively getting this posted under Mail and Money...

Anyone else?
I received a scholarship and it doesn't show up under the mail and money tab. Figure it would show under financial aid communications but that page isn't up yet.

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 pm

hykang wrote:
parker09 wrote:For people who have received a merit/Dean's scholarship from Mich... does it show up under the Mail and Money tab of the admitted student's website?
It showed up under my mail and money tab (the date of the mailing was listed and labeled as "Dean's Scholarship Mailing" or something), but I think I heard that some others received their scholarship mailing without it being listed.
Is it under the Admissions Communication or Financial Aid Comms tab?

Sorry to be obsessive about this! I REALLY REALLY want to be able to go to Mich, so I'm hoping for any $ at all :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”