Do most law schools notify via snail mail? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoldenBear125

New

Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Post by GoldenBear125 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am

Just wondering. I put my primary application address as my parents house as I did not want it coming to my place (it often is lost, left outside, stolen, etc.). Do law schools email out decisions/update it on their website/email saying your status has been updated on their website?

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Post by amputatedbrain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 am

This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 am

amputatedbrain wrote:This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.
Two others that send all decisions by snail mail are GULC and USC. You may or may not be emailed about a change in status, but most status checkers do (eventually) update.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am

managamy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.
Two others that send all decisions by snail mail are GULC and USC. You may or may not be emailed about a change in status, but most status checkers do (eventually) update.
GULC does rejections by email. Believe me, I would know :cry: :P

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
managamy wrote:
GULC does rejections by email. Believe me, I would know :cry: :P
+1 :lol:

Cleareyes

Bronze

Post by Cleareyes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 am

There's huge variety. Everything from status checkers to email to, in case of some acceptances, phone calls. It really varies from school to school. But yes, some schools do communicate purely through snail mail. Poke around on this site and you should be able to figure out how each school likes to communicate to applicants.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”