Rutgers - Newark Letter Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gunz353

Bronze

Rutgers - Newark Letter

Post by Gunz353 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 am

Received this e-mail the other day....sort of a waitlist, but not really. Should I reply with some form of thank you/really want to go to your school e-mail? Or just let it be until they decide? It's my number one choice, so I want to do anything I can to help sway things in my favor. Here's the e-mail, edited for length:

"The Admission Committee has carefully reviewed your file and the members are impressed by your credentials. At this time, the Committee has voted to defer making a decision on your file until later in the application season. The applicant pool fluctuates dramatically at this time of the year. We have to go slowly until we can get a better sense of how the pool will continue to develop in the weeks to come.

Making decisions about a large number of highly qualified applicants is a painstaking and difficult process for the Committee members. Our goal is to give every applicant full consideration and this often results in a file being read and reviewed a number of times during the cycle. Once a decision is made, it is final. We are careful about making final decisions and as a result, the process can take a longer time"
.... (and so on...you get the gist)

Gunz353

Bronze

Re: Rutgers - Newark Letter

Post by Gunz353 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:08 pm

anyone?

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

You got held (as is my understanding).

You are qualified, but on the cusp and they want to see if they get a lot of more qualified applicants before waitlisting/admitting/rejecting you.

This is where you will probably want to start drafting a letter of continued interest and update any new awards/etc.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Yes, you should do this. I received the same email, and emailed admissions asking the same question. They said I could sent a letter further explaining my candidacy and interest in rutgers. Good luck! Message me if you have any further questions.

LayingDownDaLaw

New

Post by LayingDownDaLaw » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:06 pm

I received the same exact letter. I'm betting Rutgers probably accepts students in waves to get the best statistical class possible given the fact they wouldn't want to handcuff themselves and not leave any room for a 160+ LSAT, who may apply late in the cycle.

My stats were a 3.75 GPA (graduated from Rutgers - New Brunswick) and 156 LSAT. At this point, could any one give their opinion on just how far I actually am to an acceptance? Is there anything I could do to help the situation? And, is this considered waitlist or is it just a delay? Feeling pretty low now given the fact Rutgers was my 1st choice.

Thanks.

LayingDownDaLaw

New

Post by LayingDownDaLaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Someone out there? Any reply would be appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”