Waitlisted at Duke via Priority Track: Question Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
biggiemike000

New

Waitlisted at Duke via Priority Track: Question

Post by biggiemike000 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

I got an e-mail today informing me that I've been waitlisted at Duke. My numbers are far from impressive for Duke (164,3.87). I've applied to other schools such as BU, BC, Fordham, Emory, and a couple safety schools. I planned on sending a LOCI in about another week, however, I was wondering if I should possibly wait and see where else I am accepted and if they offer me any aid. I'm figuring with my stats Duke will consider it as them doing me a favor by admitting me so I'm assuming I'll be paying sticker price. Obviously, cost will be a factor for my family but at the same time Duke is an excellent school and it is closer to my home which I kind of like. Does it make a difference if I waited about a month and a half to send the LOCI or if I sent it in the next week or so? Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

Mike

attendantgodot

New

Re: Waitlisted at Duke via Priority Track: Question

Post by attendantgodot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:12 pm

i would send it asap and visit since you're close by.

biggiemike000

New

Re: Waitlisted at Duke via Priority Track: Question

Post by biggiemike000 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:01 pm

I plan on writing the LOCI this weekend. When you mention visiting are you talking about meeting with an admissions officer or e-mailing the Dean of Admissions and letting him know? I see on the website it says that these are not part of the admissions process and are not evaluative but I could only believe that it would help.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”