Military Law Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
lawstudent123456

New

Re: Military Law

Post by lawstudent123456 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Navy acceptances are now online. No phone call or email beforehand.

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Anybody else still "Pending?"

joshlyman

New

Post by joshlyman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

still pending over here

GoinforJAG

New

Post by GoinforJAG » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

0/1 for me. Congrats to those who made it! I'll be over here getting my grades up for the next application.

mattpen

New

Post by mattpen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:08 pm

0/1 for me as well. I'll be using the winter break to hopefully improve my application. I wish we had more direction our deficiencies though, bit hard to revise blind but looking forward to another chance at it all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eas1423

New

Post by eas1423 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

0/2 here...no-go on Navy. Does anyone have a sense of how long after the Feb. board AF results will be out?

votewarrior

New

Post by votewarrior » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:45 pm

0 for 2 here too.

just gotta keep thinking good thoughts re the army

Wolverhoo

New

Post by Wolverhoo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Guesses as to when AF DAP calls start to go out? Crossing my fingers for this week... unrealistic?

BetterCallSaul!

New

Post by BetterCallSaul! » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Hopefully this is the week for AF DAP. Does anyone know whether the board has met yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LazinessPerSe

Bronze

Post by LazinessPerSe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 pm

0/1 Navy

on to the next board.

travellingboarder

New

Post by travellingboarder » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

0/2 for Navy
Congrats to ALL who made it!
Here's to the Army (my top choice anyways...coming from an Army family)!

Patrick Bateman

Silver

Post by Patrick Bateman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

BetterCallSaul! wrote:Hopefully this is the week for AF DAP. Does anyone know whether the board has met yet?
Board met last week.

Based on how quickly the Oct board results came out, it is possible results will drop for the Dec board this week. Keep in mind that all of the active duty officer assignments for summer 2013 are in the process of being worked, so this is not the only thing on JAX's plate. Both the officer assignments and DAP selections are approved by TJAG, so that is a lot of paper that has to get staffed up to a three star that is working any number of high level issues.

Pogues

New

Post by Pogues » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
BetterCallSaul! wrote:Hopefully this is the week for AF DAP. Does anyone know whether the board has met yet?
Board met last week.

Based on how quickly the Oct board results came out, it is possible results will drop for the Dec board this week. Keep in mind that all of the active duty officer assignments for summer 2013 are in the process of being worked, so this is not the only thing on JAX's plate. Both the officer assignments and DAP selections are approved by TJAG, so that is a lot of paper that has to get staffed up to a three star that is working any number of high level issues.

Thanks for that!! I was just about to ask Commissioner Gordon to light up the Bateman signal but you already replied. And congratulations to all of the Army Interns and Navy selectees.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

acw1213

New

Post by acw1213 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 am

Has anyone here participated in the Army internship?

I was selected for the 2L internship this year and I'm trying to figure out which location I should request. Are there any locations that people particularly enjoyed and are the overseas locations financially feasible?

Thanks! Congrats to the other interns and good luck to all those still waiting!

bagelco

New

Post by bagelco » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 am

Still pending Navy?

howell

Silver

Post by howell » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

acw1213 wrote:I was selected for the 2L internship this year and I'm trying to figure out which location I should request. Are there any locations that people particularly enjoyed and are the overseas locations financially feasible?
Another way of figuring out which base(s) you would like to request is what kind of work is done at the base and what kind of recommendations you can get while there. A classmate made her decision solely about this, and it certainly paid off for her. I'm not of much help with which bases will actually do this for you. It's just that one of the top reasons for doing the internship is to set yourself up for selection later. That being said, there's nothing wrong with accomplishing your goals in great and/or cheap locations.

KWC2VL

New

Post by KWC2VL » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I realize this doesn't add much to the body of information regarding Army AD decisions, but my FSO (who is typically very candid) cautioned against reading too much into the intern results dropping last week. He said AD results could come anytime now, but that his guess is that it will still be early in January. With the possibility of AF DA results this week or next, I don't mind having a little gap. Good luck all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jessie

New

Post by jessie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 pm

acw1213 wrote:Has anyone here participated in the Army internship?

I was selected for the 2L internship this year and I'm trying to figure out which location I should request. Are there any locations that people particularly enjoyed and are the overseas locations financially feasible?

No experience with the internship but I'm active duty. The nicest locations are going to be those in the Maryland/Virginia area, as well as Carson, Lewis, Sam Houston, and Bragg. But if you're looking for good legal experience you might want somewhere with more UCMJ issues like Polk or Hood.

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Any AF DAP applicants hear anything yet?

BetterCallSaul!

New

Post by BetterCallSaul! » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm

BruceWayne wrote:Any AF DAP applicants hear anything yet?
I hope not! No calls = there's still hope!

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm

For the Navy applicants whose statuses still read "Pending," I feel like this is the Navy/Law version of Panda Watch.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jessie

New

Post by jessie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 am

If there are any FLEP applicants looking, a little birdie told me they will be posted on JAGCNET either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

jagapplicant2012

New

Post by jagapplicant2012 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Last edited by jagapplicant2012 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esquire

Bronze

Post by Esquire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:07 pm

jessie wrote:
acw1213 wrote:Has anyone here participated in the Army internship?

No experience with the internship but I'm active duty. The nicest locations are going to be those in the Maryland/Virginia area, as well as Carson, Lewis, Sam Houston, and Bragg. But if you're looking for good legal experience you might want somewhere with more UCMJ issues like Polk or Hood.
Do your internship at a big base. You'll get a good amount of military experience to talk about in your AD application personal statement. You'll also likely get better recommendations from around the office. You need O4 and up recommendations. O3s just won't cut it. At smaller bases, they're mostly O3s.

Hawaii is a good pick. It's a great location and a high speed base. Carson, Lewis, and Stewart are also picks in a good location. Stewart is near Savannah. Don't do Germany. It's not an internship experience that will give you a good idea of how the Army works.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 pm

I don't know if this applies to anyone currently waiting for results, but I thought I'd post it here just in case:

A friend of mine was a Naval Flight Officer and wanted to transition to JAG via the LEP program. She was initially rejected, but when she called the LEP coordinator and let them know that she had been offered a full-ride scholarship to one of the schools she'd applied to, they went ahead and admitted her to the LEP program anyway. I think they reconsidered once they knew that it wouldn't cost the Navy anything to admit her except for the PCS move from where she was currently stationed to where she'd be going to school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”