SDNY AUSA Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

SDNY AUSA

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:14 pm

2L at a T14. Anyone have any tips of how to secure an SDNY AUSA position? Be it through Honors or through the regular process. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: SDNY AUSA

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Typical resume is a Court of appeals clerkship and/or SDNY clerkship with 0-3 years at a top big law litigation firm in the city.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:49 pm

And for DOJ honors, they require 1 clerkship and I have been told an informal preference is 2.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:04 pm

I heard of a few people who were hired from the last year or so who lacked clerkships. How common is that? Also must the clerkship be SDNY or any other big city counts? How about EDNY?

Does the prestige of the firm count? Does interning for the SDNY USAO help? Anything else or just having the clerkships and firm job?

msk1111

New

Post by msk1111 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:04 pm
I heard of a few people who were hired from the last year or so who lacked clerkships. How common is that? Also must the clerkship be SDNY or any other big city counts? How about EDNY?

Does the prestige of the firm count? Does interning for the SDNY USAO help? Anything else or just having the clerkships and firm job?
What do you mean by “count”? It is a holistic hiring process from my understanding, but the typical resume seems to be one or two federal clerkships (there are a small number of AUSAs there that did a SCOTUS clerkship) and some experience at a big law firm. They definitely do hire people who have not clerked but spent 4 or 5 years in NYC big law litigation. Like all job applications, the more elite litigation bells and whistles your resume has, the better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”