DOJ Phillips Fellowship? Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

DOJ Phillips Fellowship?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Anyone know anything about the Phillips timeline or process? Or even what their actual criteria are for hiring? Did anyone apply / how many people actually apply for or know this thing exists?

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Phillips Fellowship?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:02 am

I think it is usually on a similar timeline to the Bristow fellowship, which came out in mid-November last year. I think it’s competitive but I think fewer people know about it than Bristow—you have to be on the ball enough to know to apply for it while you’re still in school. I think having a federal appellate clerkship lined up is a hard requirement, and I think I remember seeing last year’s people went to T14s, but not sure other than that

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Phillips Fellowship?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Having an appellate clerkship lined up is definitely not a requirement. I know of a couple people who've gotten it without having one lined up at the time of the interview and offer.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”