Follow-up email after interview Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Follow-up email after interview

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:52 pm

It has been over a week since my interview with a USAO office. How long should I wait before it is acceptable to follow up with HR?

Anonymous User

Re: Follow-up email after interview

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:52 pm
It has been over a week since my interview with a USAO office. How long should I wait before it is acceptable to follow up with HR?
if they gave you a really concrete timeline by which they said you'd hear and that timeline has passed, or you get a competing offer they need to know about, you can follow up. Otherwise there's no point. They won't have forgotten that they interviewed you, and I've never heard of a USAO ghosting candidates - when they have news, they'll let you know.

(if you absolutely MUST follow up, I'd give it 3 weeks.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:54 pm

What would you consider to be a competitive offer? Would an offer from a firm check that box?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:54 pm
What would you consider to be a competitive offer? Would an offer from a firm check that box?
I didn't say "competitive," I said "competing," although that was kind of a poor word choice and I should have just said "offer," b/c that's really all I meant (I keep thinking "some other offer," but that implies you have an offer already, so I just mean "offer").

I suppose to be more precise, I mean an offer with an imminent deadline. You want to (where at all possible) give them time to complete their process before your deadline hits, so obviously you don't want to wait until the deadline is right on top of you, but conversely, if your deadline isn't for 6 months (like you have an offer to go back to a firm after clerking or something), there's no pressure on the USAO to decide now and I wouldn't raise it yet.

So yeah, an offer from a firm absolutely counts as a reason to reach out to them, as long as it has an upcoming deadline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:59 am

Is this for USAO DC superior court division? I am waiting too.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:59 am
Is this for USAO DC superior court division? I am waiting too.
Yea, did you have a 2nd round yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”