DOJ Fraud + SBA Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

DOJ Fraud + SBA

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:29 am

I was recently offered a position with DOJ Crim's Fraud Section only to find out that they are hiring me for a position with the Small Business Administration as a detailee. Talk about a bait and switch. So I would be working under the DOJ but technically be an SBA employee. Would you still do it? Pros / Cons?

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Fraud + SBA

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:09 am

I would imagine they want you to investigate covid fraud, no? (Is it this position: https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/j ... -act-fraud ?)

In any case, what did you want to get out of the position? You'll certainly be investigating fraud, so you'll get that experience whether DOJ pays your check or SBA does. And it sounds like you'll be working with DOJ people but paid by SBA, rather than the other way around, so you'll make the same connections you'd make if DOJ paid your check. I'm not really sure what the issue is, without knowing more about what your concerns are.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”