Chicago Honors Programs, etc Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
j01

New

Chicago Honors Programs, etc

Post by j01 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi folks:

My partner and I are moving to Chicago unexpectedly after I finish clerking (2/9/DC). I had wanted to go to DC to participate in one of the Honors Programs (e.g. DOJ, but not limited to). I just generally want to work in government, ideally in appeals.

I've looked into it, and haven't had much luck finding similar programs in Chicago. Does anyone have recommendations for components or agencies that typically hire out of Chicago, or government/public interest jobs that have a similar program?

Grasping at straws here, I really don't know the first thing. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Chicago Honors Programs, etc

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello!
DOJ Honors program is likely to offer Chicago field office positions in the Antitrust Division.

Off the top of my head, the following might also offer Chicago field office positions so browse through their websites:

1. HUD Legal Honors Program
2. Here's what the office of the comptroller of currency says for its honors program: During their first year, Honors Attorneys rotate among different practice areas in the OCC’s Law Department, which include OCC District Offices in New York City, Denver, Dallas, or Chicago. Travel expenses associated with any District Office rotation are paid by the OCC in accordance with the Federal Travel Regulation.
3. department of labor honors program has field office positions
4. SEC honors program (if they're running it)

also check out state AG's offices. they tend to have great programs

good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”