Honors Attorney Program 2020-2021 (non-DOJ) Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Honors Attorney Program 2020-2021 (non-DOJ)

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm

I contacted BFS on Tuesday about the HUD Legal Honors Program and was told tentative selections had been made for several locations, while several other locations were still open. However I have also seen people posting on reddit that offers have already been made. Can anyone offer clarity on this? Were offers only made for some of the locations but not all?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:41 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm
I contacted BFS on Tuesday about the HUD Legal Honors Program and was told tentative selections had been made for several locations, while several other locations were still open. However I have also seen people posting on reddit that offers have already been made. Can anyone offer clarity on this? Were offers only made for some of the locations but not all?

Honestly, I think either HUD is sending out offers at different times or people are trolling this message board for some reason (which would be very lame). I called BFS as well and at least one location didn't make a decision until the week after other posters said offers were made and the woman on the line made it sound like selections were made but offers haven't been extended yet. From checking past message boards, it looks like there was always a centralized decision/notification process, offers were extended for all offices on the same day, and this all occurred at least a month after interviews began. I'd assume that it'd be the same this year, but there's always a chance that things changed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Did any of you ever hear from the FCC or FTC about interviews? I haven't heard a thing from either agency since submitting my application back in September. I presume that means I wasn't selected for an interview, but I wanted to check here in case it's just been an especially prolonged application cycle because of the post-election transition...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:07 pm

I can speak only to my experience, I have no insights into the larger hiring process. The way it worked for me, though, is that I got a phone call (back in the middle of February) from HR saying I was selected for HUD's Legal Honors program; this was followed up by some confirmation emails and then beginning the background check process.

But I haven't received an official offer. How it was explained to me is that comes after I graduate and I send them my transcripts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”