District Attorney's Offices 2021 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: District Attorney's Offices 2021

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:28 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:00 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:18 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:59 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:07 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 pm

I had an interview. I am waiting to hear back. Did you get an interview or just no response?
As of 1/29/21, no response. Even if we don't get hired do you think that they will send us a letter to say "thank you for your time, we went with other candidates"?

I have previously reached out to the contact person to get a time frame so I don't want to ask again about when I should hear something.
Same, as of 1/29/21, I have not received a response either. I am hopeful we made the cut. Here's why. First, they would definitely send notice about being rejected, or else they would have calls everyday from rejected candidates. Second, I have a hunch that if we were rejected we would have received notice via email by now which has been their primary method of contacting us.

Of course, it could be that they are still deciding, or our rejection emails/letters are on their way lol.

Let's touch base on Monday.
I was informed of the number of candidates, which there is no way they interviewed that many. I was also informed of how many vacancies they have. I'm more upset about the bar exam results being a 60% pass rate which causes anxiety because if they had interns who passed they may just go with them because they already know their work ethic, etc.

Ok, thanks again. Let's touch base on Monday. Did you also apply to Riverside? I did.
I got my rejection letter for San Bernardino. Man, I thought I did pretty decent and I thought my qualifications would get me through.
Hey! Yup, me too. Got rejected. Ey, whatever. Who wants to work in San Dumpsterdino anyway. Moving there is a major downgrade and the money was/is horrendous. I heard there was 6 spots and 50 applicants. Probably went to interns and volunteer DAs. I applied to Riverside and Orange County too. Not digging Riverside (San Bernardino Jr.). I am hoping for Orange County. Los Angeles will probably open up soon. Just a hunch. DM me and let's keep in touch. Are you applying to Public Defender's offices or are you ideologically driven?
Is your username gumbomombo? If not, I won't be able to DM you since we have been posting anonymously. I didn't apply to Orange County. I did see it pop up, but I felt it would be more difficult for me to get hired. That was probably my mistake and should have applied.

I am not applying to Public Defender's. You? At this time, I want to try to get hired at the D.A.s office. I guess we can just talk more via DM.

San Bernardino told me 46 applicants and 6 spots. Either way, we didn't get it haha. Do you mind disclosing what band they placed you in after that hypo interview situation?
Band 1. You? I was assuming we were all in band 1. I am applying to Public defender offices as well. SoCal Public Defender's offices have much better reputations then DA offices. Riverside PD and OC PD are heavy hitters. LA is still open, apply! The new LA PD Ricardo Garcia is gonna bring hell to the DAs! I wouldn't limit myself to one side.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

As of 1/29/21, no response. Even if we don't get hired do you think that they will send us a letter to say "thank you for your time, we went with other candidates"?

I have previously reached out to the contact person to get a time frame so I don't want to ask again about when I should hear something.
Same, as of 1/29/21, I have not received a response either. I am hopeful we made the cut. Here's why. First, they would definitely send notice about being rejected, or else they would have calls everyday from rejected candidates. Second, I have a hunch that if we were rejected we would have received notice via email by now which has been their primary method of contacting us.

Of course, it could be that they are still deciding, or our rejection emails/letters are on their way lol.

I was informed of the number of candidates, which there is no way they interviewed that many. I was also informed of how many vacancies they have. I'm more upset about the bar exam results being a 60% pass rate which causes anxiety because if they had interns who passed they may just go with them because they already know their work ethic, etc.

Ok, thanks again. Let's touch base on Monday. Did you also apply to Riverside? I did.
I got my rejection letter for San Bernardino. Man, I thought I did pretty decent and I thought my qualifications would get me through.
Hey! Yup, me too. Got rejected. Ey, whatever. Who wants to work in San Dumpsterdino anyway. Moving there is a major downgrade and the money was/is horrendous. I heard there was 6 spots and 50 applicants. Probably went to interns and volunteer DAs. I applied to Riverside and Orange County too. Not digging Riverside (San Bernardino Jr.). I am hoping for Orange County. Los Angeles will probably open up soon. Just a hunch. DM me and let's keep in touch. Are you applying to Public Defender's offices or are you ideologically driven?
Is your username gumbomombo? If not, I won't be able to DM you since we have been posting anonymously. I didn't apply to Orange County. I did see it pop up, but I felt it would be more difficult for me to get hired. That was probably my mistake and should have applied.

I am not applying to Public Defender's. You? At this time, I want to try to get hired at the D.A.s office. I guess we can just talk more via DM.

San Bernardino told me 46 applicants and 6 spots. Either way, we didn't get it haha. Do you mind disclosing what band they placed you in after that hypo interview situation?
Band 1. You? I was assuming we were all in band 1. I am applying to Public defender offices as well. SoCal Public Defender's offices have much better reputations then DA offices. Riverside PD and OC PD are heavy hitters. LA is still open, apply! The new LA PD Ricardo Garcia is gonna bring hell to the DAs! I wouldn't limit myself to one side.
Username? I will DM to speak more in depth.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:41 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Username: gumbomombo

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
gumbomombo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:20 pm

Nothing yet as of this writing. Any updates on your end?
I had an interview. I am waiting to hear back. Did you get an interview or just no response?

Super curious about your “hunch” about Los Angeles opening up soon. Would love for that to be true.

- LA DA hopeful

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 am

Anyone heard from Brooklyn at all?

I've been in this weird limbo since mid-December waiting for my final interview to be scheduled.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Super curious about your “hunch” about Los Angeles opening up soon. Would love for that to be true.

- LA DA hopeful
How would you approach that interview with the new D.A. questions that will be posed? I think the heart of a D.A. is in stark contrast to Mr. Gascon's views. I guess it's all just fluff in the interview, but I just don't see how to reconcile him doing away with sentencing enhancements and not dropping violent juvenile's charges.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

- LA DA hopeful
I am not the anon from above, but I can shed some light on this. I applied to the LA DA in December 2019 when the application was open. I got invited to the exam in January 2020, tested into band 1, had a second interview in late February and got invited to the final level interview set for...... late March 2020 :cry: . I got totally fucked by Covid.

I've been checking in every other month or so for the last 10 months and the last I've heard is they are still planning to continue with the same pool of applicants from Jan/Feb 2020, but no info as to when they will resume...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

- LA DA hopeful
I am not the anon from above, but I can shed some light on this. I applied to the LA DA in December 2019 when the application was open. I got invited to the exam in January 2020, tested into band 1, had a second interview in late February and got invited to the final level interview set for...... late March 2020 :cry: . I got totally fucked by Covid.

I've been checking in every other month or so for the last 10 months and the last I've heard is they are still planning to continue with the same pool of applicants from Jan/Feb 2020, but no info as to when they will resume...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

- LA DA hopeful

Oof! Can’t imagine how frustrating that was in March. Good luck and keep us posted!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:46 am

Does anyone know how the second round of Queen's goes?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:16 am

I don't think I quoted the above -

But my second round at Queens was VERY out of the ordinary.

Full disclaimer - I have a complete defense background so maybe that's why it was so odd?

It started out normal - normal questions, why prosecution, why queens, etc. and then I got a WEIRD hypo that started normal and sounded like it was going to be a recanting witness Giglio hypo but instead they asked me something about identification and I responded with something about memory, how close it was to the time of the crime, etc. and then they asked me "so what's the legal analysis behind identification?"

Maybe this isn't off - but it COMPLETELY threw me. I asked all of my friends also going into prosecution if they'd ever heard anything like that - they hadn't b/c obviously its usually all Brady/Giglio hypos.

Anyways, I responded HONESTLY and said something along the lines of I'm sorry I don't know, however I'm here to learn, etc. and immediately after he said "ok thank you that concludes the interview"

So - not well lol. And then I got a rejection the next day

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:08 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:41 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

delete

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:31 pm

These boards are so quiet. Has anyone had any experience with Kern County?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 pm

Rejected Orange County. Bunch of dirty cheating DAs anyway.

gumbomombo

New

Post by gumbomombo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:31 pm
These boards are so quiet. Has anyone had any experience with Kern County?
You really want to live in Kern? God bless you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Gumbomumbo you never replied to my private message.......did Riverside D.A. ever contact you?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 pm
Rejected Orange County. Bunch of dirty cheating DAs anyway.
Sorry to hear.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Has anyone received an offer or rejection from the Nassau County DA's office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Not me personally, but I have a friend who got an offer from Nassau DA right before Thanksgiving

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:07 am

Anyone hear from Riverside?

nicelawyer26

New

Post by nicelawyer26 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 pm
Not me personally, but I have a friend who got an offer from Nassau DA right before Thanksgiving
That is tough for me to hear. I had my third interview with them around that time and still no offer, but also no rejection.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Cook County? I did a panel interview a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since other than a request for a writing sample/LOR.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:26 pm

nicelawyer26 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 pm
That is tough for me to hear. I had my third interview with them around that time and still no offer, but also no rejection.
If it's any solace, the only reason she got an offer is because her 4th round was coming up with Brooklyn (where you can get an offer) and thats why they offered her the position. She was also sitting in limbo for weeks after her final round interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm
Has anyone heard anything from Cook County? I did a panel interview a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since other than a request for a writing sample/LOR.
Had the panel interview but did not get the writing sample/LOR request, but not sure if that means anything (I sent at least a writing sample in when I originally applied).

2021grad

New

Post by 2021grad » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 am
Anyone heard from Brooklyn at all?

I've been in this weird limbo since mid-December waiting for my final interview to be scheduled.
I just had my final interview and I accepted an offer at the end of the interview.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”