Cook County Public Defenders Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Cook County Public Defenders

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 pm

I’m a current biglaw first year associate in Chicago (2019 T6 grad with good grades). I’ve wanted to be a public defender the whole time, but due to a family situation had to take biglaw for a while.

My current goal is to quit early 2021, and the dream is to work at Cook County PD office. Does anyone on here have any helpful info (like about hiring, culture, caseload, salary, etc.)? I’d really appreciate it.

BentleyLittle

Bronze

Re: Cook County Public Defenders

Post by BentleyLittle » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:45 pm

Bump. I have found it difficult to find info on Cook County PD and it's hard to even apply in my experience.

SpikeSeagull

New

Re: Cook County Public Defenders

Post by SpikeSeagull » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:19 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. As far as I can tell, they only hire Illinois licensed attorneys, and any openings they have are posted on their website. Old posts on TLS say they used to hire regularly around May of each year (this was from 2015). Not sure if they still do that. All I've heard about them culture-wise is they're "disorganized," whatever that means.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”