Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:25 pm
Does anyone know if they tend to do all of the calls on the same day or not? It doesn't look like I'm getting a call today, and I want to know if I need to just give up hope now.
The calls were on different days.
At this point, I think it's safe to say that I'm not getting a call. Haha. Oh well. Back to writing cover letters for other jobs. Ugh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:19 pm

For what it’s worth, I am still waiting on the tentative offer as well. I heard back about references on Thursday, so I’m hoping the case is that it might just take some time to get the formal letter from HR. We’ve all learned a great deal of patience in this process – that’s for sure!

As for those who haven’t heard anything at all, I’m wishing you the best of luck! You never know, and if it doesn’t work out this time, I had a colleague from my current job tell me that it’s a great idea to keep applying because she was successful on her second attempt when applying. Keep your head up, and I’m rooting for all of you. :) you’re all intelligent and talented – things fall into place as they should. Take care all!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:58 am

Was anyone else asked for reference checks but still waiting on the TO?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:19 pm
For what it’s worth, I am still waiting on the tentative offer as well. I heard back about references on Thursday, so I’m hoping the case is that it might just take some time to get the formal letter from HR. We’ve all learned a great deal of patience in this process – that’s for sure!

As for those who haven’t heard anything at all, I’m wishing you the best of luck! You never know, and if it doesn’t work out this time, I had a colleague from my current job tell me that it’s a great idea to keep applying because she was successful on her second attempt when applying. Keep your head up, and I’m rooting for all of you. :) you’re all intelligent and talented – things fall into place as they should. Take care all!
You are a sweet baby angel. I didn't get a call sadly, and have been feeling down and discouraged (I can't put into words how miserable I am at my current job). Your words of encouragement, you internet stranger, have given me an unexpected mood boost that I needed today. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:34 am

I didnt get a call this time around.. this was my first time applying. Honestly i have never been turned down from job i have interviewed for so this was an eye opening humble moment for me. I plan to apply again, truly dont know what to change in my application because i graduated in 2022 and have not had a job yet (just took the bar (again) in Feb still waiting on results) During my interview i was asked if i took the july bar.. in which i answered yes (obv that indicates i did not pass) i wonder if that affected my chances? I thought the interview went well for me but clearly it didnt lol. For those who are still coming on here and have interviewed before, is it appropriate for me to send an email to ask for feedback on my interview? or should i just let it be?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:34 am
I didnt get a call this time around.. this was my first time applying. Honestly i have never been turned down from job i have interviewed for so this was an eye opening humble moment for me. I plan to apply again, truly dont know what to change in my application because i graduated in 2022 and have not had a job yet (just took the bar (again) in Feb still waiting on results) During my interview i was asked if i took the july bar.. in which i answered yes (obv that indicates i did not pass) i wonder if that affected my chances? I thought the interview went well for me but clearly it didnt lol. For those who are still coming on here and have interviewed before, is it appropriate for me to send an email to ask for feedback on my interview? or should i just let it be?
They will not give feedback, and I'd bet all you'd get from HR is a nonresponsive form answer like "selections have been made." Also, someone earlier in this thread pointed out that the way the timing of applications combine with the requirements for law clerks, it's almost as if only those who have failed the bar wind up eligible for the law clerk position.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
They will not give feedback, and I'd bet all you'd get from HR is a nonresponsive form answer like "selections have been made." Also, someone earlier in this thread pointed out that the way the timing of applications combine with the requirements for law clerks, it's almost as if only those who have failed the bar wind up eligible for the law clerk position.
From what I've read, my impression is that the Law Clerk title is essentially just a place holder title a candidate they want to hire hasn't been barred yet. If I understand/remember correctly, Law Clerks are converted to AAs once they complete the bar admission process (as long as it's in the allowed time frame of 14 months.

At the very least I know for certain that they are automatically converted from a GS-9 to a GS-11 once they are barred. So, even if the actual title doesn't change, the conversion to a GS-11 is effectively the same as it did.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:53 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:38 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
From what I've read, my impression is that the Law Clerk title is essentially just a place holder title a candidate they want to hire hasn't been barred yet. If I understand/remember correctly, Law Clerks are converted to AAs once they complete the bar admission process (as long as it's in the allowed time frame of 14 months.

At the very least I know for certain that they are automatically converted from a GS-9 to a GS-11 once they are barred. So, even if the actual title doesn't change, the conversion to a GS-11 is effectively the same as it did.
The post I was referring to is this one:
dakeel wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:22 pm
toplee86 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:53 pm
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from USPTO? Or has anyone heard back from them?
I just got a rejection for the law clerk position. I am getting my JD this week and reflected that in my application, but they said I needed to possess it at the time of application.

I'm not really sure who the target for the law clerk positions are if it's for those with JDs who are not licensed. Like, only people who deferred or did not pass the bar would be eligible.
...and my point was that things are set up, whether by design or (more likely) oversight/incompetence, such that only those who have deferred or failed the bar are eligible for the law clerk position.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:23 pm

They must have started today. I finally got the email saying not selected. Hopefully they will post the position again soon and we start this process all over again. This was my first time applying and will have to really think about how to change my application to convince them to give me a chance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bblast2000

New

Post by bblast2000 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:23 pm
They must have started today. I finally got the email saying not selected. Hopefully they will post the position again soon and we start this process all over again. This was my first time applying and will have to really think about how to change my application to convince them to give me a chance.

Same here, i have literally not done anything new since i first applied so i do not know what to change or add. Did you get an interview when you applied? I got an interview when i applied so i'm hoping when i apply i get selected for an interview again.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 15, 2023 11:02 am

Hi all! Any idea when the hiring process will start again? Thought it was supposed to begin in early May.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:23 pm

Are they hiring soon?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Echoing the posters above. Any information or explanation about the silence? Going by info shared from previous posters/applicants, the hiring cycle usually begins mid-May

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:36 pm

Hey, just saw the App is open and closes 7/31!
Also, anyone here apply multiple times? I plan to apply again this round, this will be my second time applying.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:52 pm

I applied. Haven't heard anything. This is my first time applying. Not sure what to think. I have significant experience as a tm attorney

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:30 pm

I applied last cycle. Made it to the interview round, but was not selected. Last time, it was 17 days after the application deadline before finding out if you made the first cut. If so, you'll get a notice of results and referral email from usastaffing. Based on that timeline, I'd be on the lookout for something late next week. From there you'll have 5 days to respond to a writing prompt (it's a glorified, multi-question cover letter/personal statement). Then the real fun begins as you wait to find out if you're selected to interview. Last cycle it was over 40 days of waiting after submitting my writing prompt, but that time also included Christmas and New Year's, so maybe it won't be as long this time. Anyway, welcome to the board and good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:12 am

Yes, i applied last cycle as well, made it to the interview round but did not get selected. I just applied again this cycle. I wonder if those who were hired last cycle still come on here? i would just like to know how some of your interview questions were answered so that if i make it to the interview round again this cycle i can prepare better.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:42 pm

It seems that referrals are going out. Good luck to all who made the first cut.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:35 pm

I received a referral email, but not a request for a written statement. I believe the request usually goes out at the same time as the referral... does anyone have any insights? Has anyone been asked to provide a written statement?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:28 pm

I didn't get the written statement request either. I'll probably send a message tomorrow to the contact person listed in the referral email

crimsoncardinal

New

Post by crimsoncardinal » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:35 pm

same--received referral email but no written statement request

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:35 pm
I received a referral email, but not a request for a written statement. I believe the request usually goes out at the same time as the referral... does anyone have any insights? Has anyone been asked to provide a written statement?
I received a written statement request this morning (one day after the referred email).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:04 am

I received written questions at 5:15 am EST today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:32 am

They appear to be the same questions as last cycle

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:15 am

yes, i received a referral and the written statement came right after. It is the same exact questions as last cycle. Tbh i dont think they have changed the questions in a while my friend who works there had the same exact questions and that was in 2021.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”