Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 pm
During my interview, one of the panelist said “we will be interviewing up until the end of March.” After seeing all the responses above, I must have misheard this. I was extremely nervous so likely she said “up until the end of February.” I just wanted to see if anyone else heard “up until the end of March.” Or else, it must have been my nerves.
I think you misheard or she misspoke. Perhaps she meant "we will be interviewing up until March" (the beginning of March)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
During my interview, one of the panelist said “we will be interviewing up until the end of March.” After seeing all the responses above, I must have misheard this. I was extremely nervous so likely she said “up until the end of February.” I just wanted to see if anyone else heard “up until the end of March.” Or else, it must have been my nerves.
I remember them telling me they were interviewing for the next 3 weeks. I had my interview Feb 6 in the morning. lol i was helllllaaaaa nervous!!! but he kept saying i wouldnt hear back till the beginning of March give or take. I also just stumbled across this forum yesterday and had no idea it existed. I wouldve been active on it from the start. This was my first time applying and i applied for the Law clerk since i just took the February bar.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:34 pm

Does anyone know if they will follow up with an email if they are initially unable to reach you by phone for the soft offer / reference check call? I often have poor or no cell phone reception during the day while working. I'd hate to miss the call and be passed over because of that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:34 pm
Does anyone know if they will follow up with an email if they are initially unable to reach you by phone for the soft offer / reference check call? I often have poor or no cell phone reception during the day while working. I'd hate to miss the call and be passed over because of that.
i think they email about the soft offer first? and then the official offer is a phone call? i may be wrong though. however, ive just been anxiously checking my email all week and i just hate this lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:34 pm
There is no way they would call and not leave a voicemail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:32 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
I think you misheard or she misspoke. Perhaps she meant "we will be interviewing up until March" (the beginning of March)
[/quote="Anonymous User"]

That makes more sense. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:12 pm

Brentjm82 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:53 pm
For those of you who got selected for an interview, I’m curious how you answered the written responses in order to get selected. I have trademark experience but still wasn’t selected for an interview. Maybe next time I shouldn’t emphasize my trademark experience…
The first question is about experience and interest in trademark law, so i don't see how you could not speak on it. This is how the USPTO hiring is so backwards. They list the requisite K(nowledge), S(kills), and A(bilities) for the role and ask those selected to submit written statements to elaborate on the KSAs, but then the managers go on to hire a preponderance of those with the lowest KSAs. The more times one has to reapply, the more KSAs one gains (unless your current position involves using no knowledge or skills). They should stop wasting everyone's time and only hire law clerks if they want blank slates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:02 pm

So my thing is, it’s 3/2. I looked at the forum and it looks like interviews were already done. I didn’t get an interview but still referred. When are they going to send rejections out?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am

I read on Reddit that some interviewees were told they will hear back in "mid-March" with offers...did anyone else hear this "mid-March" timeline...I was really hoping to hear something sooner.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am
I read on Reddit that some interviewees were told they will hear back in "mid-March" with offers...did anyone else hear this "mid-March" timeline...I was really hoping to hear something sooner.
I was definitely told early March. I'm now choosing to believe that they have already ranked us to an extent and that the people who were told early March are higher up on the list and the people who were told mid-March are second round draft picks. 😆

Also, where have you read this on Reddit? People keep talking about posts on there, but I can't seem to find them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I am the person who heard the interviewer say that they would be conducting interviews "up until the end of March." I think it is possible I misheard it. The only thing I can think of to account for this discrepancy is the timing of the interviews. I was interviewed the third week of February (the week of the 13th). From previous post, the people who heard "early March" were those who were interviewed the second week of February (the week of 6th).

Could you please send the link to the reddit post? I couldn't find it. Thank you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:08 pm

I interviewed the third week of February and was also told “early March”.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:30 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
I was definitely told early March. I'm now choosing to believe that they have already ranked us to an extent and that the people who were told early March are higher up on the list and the people who were told mid-March are second round draft picks. 😆

Also, where have you read this on Reddit? People keep talking about posts on there, but I can't seem to find them.
Someone posted the following: "hi!! i haven’t heard anything yet! they said to expect correspondence by mid-March" two days ago in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/usajobs/commen ... t/j6cl97x/

Not that it is particularly consequential either way but I am completely obsessing over this lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I hope your theory is right!!!! lol, i was told early march... I'm just anxious every time i get an email, lol i just want to know already haha

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I didn't contribute to the Reddit post, but I was also told that I would hear something around "mid-March". My interview was mid-Feb., and the interviewers told me that was their 2nd week of interviews. They said there was another (third) full week of interviews left to do. It seems from the comments in this thread that those who interviewed the first week of February were told they'd hear something early March...makes me think the hiring staff is potentially working in waves.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:51 am

As i continue to be anxious i looked up the USPTO time line. lolol

Weeks 1-2: Vacancy Announcement open period
Week 3: Vacancy Announcement closes
Weeks 4-5: Office of Human Resources (OHR) determines minimum qualifications
Week 6: OHR requests qualifying applicants to submit responses to the writing sample questions within five days
Weeks 7-12: OHR provides" Certificate of Eligibles" (list of qualifying applicants) to hiring officials for initial screening
Weeks 13-16: Hiring officials review applications, schedule and begin interviews
Week 17-18: Initial selections made and references are checked; and OHR makes formal offers

We are currently ending 15.
So next week is week 16
Then Week 17 is when the "soft offer/ reference call" is suppose to be made. According to this schedule we wont hear back to mid March. However, they have been one week ahead of schedule so if they continue to be one week ahead we will hear back from them next week.
Okay, i'm done now. Going back to hoping and praying!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have interviewed multiple times and been told the timing for offers without receiving one. Government interviews are standardized by design--they pretty much have to ask the same questions and impart the same information to all interviewees.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:06 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have interviewed multiple times and been told the timing for offers without receiving one. Government interviews are standardized by design--they pretty much have to ask the same questions and impart the same information to all interviewees.
Oh, I know. I'm a currently a federal employee already.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Still radio silence on my end, haven't seen anything on reddit to indicate anyone has gotten a call or email with an offer either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:10 pm
Still radio silence on my end, haven't seen anything on reddit to indicate anyone has gotten a call or email with an offer either.
Same here. Anticipation is killin me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:26 pm

No news here either.......

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:35 pm

nothing here as well...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm

Man what a brutal wait this is...it's good that it looks like a decent number of folks are posting on this board though. Hopefully we'll have a good perspective as to when these calls will start to go out. Good luck to all who interviewed!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:24 pm

I think we’re all here constantly refreshing to see if the calls started going out!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm
Man what a brutal wait this is...it's good that it looks like a decent number of folks are posting on this board though. Hopefully we'll have a good perspective as to when these calls will start to go out. Good luck to all who interviewed!
i really hope they are enough of us here to gauge the offer calls. But yes!! good luck to us and hoping for it to be this week!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”