Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:22 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:11 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:07 pm
someone posted on reddit that they received a call last Friday.. i dont think that person comes on here. Anyone else get a call?
Am i weird for thinking that person maybe be trolling? my friend who works there said they never called her, they communicated everything through email.. I mean obv that can change but idk that persons post just doesnt sit right with me.
I actually got a similar vibe. They call there TM experience "substantial," citing multiple jobs. But they aren't clear on what those actually were. Given they just graduated law school, that gives me pause that their direct law work experience is "substantial."

Also, their account is super new, and the username appears to be one of the autogenerated options that are usually burners. They have some comments on r/barexam (their only other Reddit activity) that look legit though.
Yes, my thoughts exactly.. and if they knew they would decline the offer why would they wait to post about it? like they have not been posting about it this whole time.... but I'm giving myself the rest of this week. If i don't hear anything then I guess I'll have to try again for the next cycle.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Yeah, I'm choosing to believe that emails/calls have not gone out yet. I'm not sure the legitimacy of that Reddit thread/post. I found it to be a red flag that that person said the interviewers said the next step was that they would contact their references. I wasn't told that in my interview, but rather, received that info via an email from the HR person. Who knows. I think there's a solid chance, considering no one else has heard anything, that we should be hearing back at some point this week. Maybe that's just my optimism, but as discussed earlier, the odds that none of us on this thread would have not heard anything seems incredibly low. Let's not lose faith, yet! 8)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm

I haven't heard anything today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:36 am

Has anyone here heard anything? Does anyone know if the TEA who told them about the meeting got their assigned mentee class? Should I move on with my life? lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:36 am
Has anyone here heard anything? Does anyone know if the TEA who told them about the meeting got their assigned mentee class? Should I move on with my life? lol
Still nothing here. I've been so anxious for so long that now I'm too tired to even feel my anxiety anymore. Lol.

Also, I am the one who posted about the meeting, and I don't believe the TEA was part of it himself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:06 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:36 am
Still nothing here. I've been so anxious for so long that now I'm too tired to even feel my anxiety anymore. Lol.

Also, I am the one who posted about the meeting, and I don't believe the TEA was part of it himself.
I feel the same! Now I am slowly phasing from waiting to hear back into waiting for the next cycle to open.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:27 am

I've also heard nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:27 am
I've also heard nothing.
Same here. Not one post from someone who got an offer is so strange (unless you count that one from reddit). Having said that, I've accepted that the call/email/whatever isn't coming this time around. I'm pretty disappointed, not sure if I'll apply again next cycle.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:01 pm

Nothing today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

acerothstein

New

Post by acerothstein » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm

I just this morning got a call asking if I was still interested and if it was okay to contact my references! Don't want to jinx this, but I believe this means I'm very likely to get an offer. I applied for the TEA Attorney Advisor position. Good luck to all those who are still waiting - this was a brutal wait. Feel free to DM for more details.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 pm

acerothstein wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm
I just this morning got a call asking if I was still interested and if it was okay to contact my references! Don't want to jinx this, but I believe this means I'm very likely to get an offer. I applied for the TEA Attorney Advisor position. Good luck to all those who are still waiting - this was a brutal wait. Feel free to DM for more details.
Congratulations! Nice that someone finally heard back. Unfortunately no call here... I'll keep hope alive for a few more hours

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 pm
acerothstein wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm
Congratulations! Nice that someone finally heard back. Unfortunately no call here... I'll keep hope alive for a few more hours
I assume is would take a while to call everyone, but I am definitely feeling less hopeful every minute. Ugh. Anyone else have plans for drinking and eating away their sorrows?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:00 pm

My references are being checked too. Don't give up ya'll. Sending positive vibes for all!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:16 pm

If anyone whose references are being checked had previously interviewed, would you mind letting us know what (if anything) you think it was that you did or said differently in the interview to make it across the finish line this time? If you think you just had better luck with a different group of managers, feel free to say that too. I'm not at all convinced there is anything rational or consistent about this process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:00 pm
My references are being checked too. Don't give up ya'll. Sending positive vibes for all!!
Glad to hear some of yall have heard back and congrats!!! Unfortunately, i have not gotten a call yet.. so i am assuming its over for me. Thanks yall for being a great support group!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Does anyone know if they tend to do all of the calls on the same day or not? It doesn't look like I'm getting a call today, and I want to know if I need to just give up hope now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:16 pm
If anyone whose references are being checked had previously interviewed, would you mind letting us know what (if anything) you think it was that you did or said differently in the interview to make it across the finish line this time? If you think you just had better luck with a different group of managers, feel free to say that too. I'm not at all convinced there is anything rational or consistent about this process.
This was my first time interviewing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

acerothstein

New

Post by acerothstein » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Have you been sent a tentative offer yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 pm

the tentative offer is taking longer than expected... wondering if not all whose references were contacted get offers...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 pm
the tentative offer is taking longer than expected... wondering if not all whose references were contacted get offers...
Are you someone whose references are being contacted? Or are you just stirring the pot with this comment? Because if you look at prior posts in this thread getting a "check references" call virtually always leads to an offer (assuming references are positive obviously). I've also heard this is the case from two current TEA attorneys.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm

I’m a different person than the one who responded above, but when I was asked to check references, I asked how long to expect. He estimated it would be at least a week before we heard anything from HR. And that is if they were able to get in touch with every reference immediately. So we are still in that time frame.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm
I’m a different person than the one who responded above, but when I was asked to check references, I asked how long to expect. He estimated it would be at least a week before we heard anything from HR. And that is if they were able to get in touch with every reference immediately. So we are still in that time frame.
Thanks for this - did they mention how HR would get in touch with you and what the next steps would be? I assume a tentative offer would be sent through email and they would ask for some paperwork? I'll be traveling internationally next week and don't want to be caught off guard...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:25 pm
Does anyone know if they tend to do all of the calls on the same day or not? It doesn't look like I'm getting a call today, and I want to know if I need to just give up hope now.
The calls were on different days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:04 am

acerothstein wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Have you been sent a tentative offer yet?
Yes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:56 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm
Thanks for this - did they mention how HR would get in touch with you and what the next steps would be? I assume a tentative offer would be sent through email and they would ask for some paperwork? I'll be traveling internationally next week and don't want to be caught off guard...
I received a phone call and an email.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”