Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Attorney Advisor (Trademark Examining Attorney) for USPTO

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:03 pm

I really hope this is the week. Like i just want to know so i can move on with my life lol I didn't get anything today. Good lick everyone

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:04 pm

I haven't heard anything today either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:38 pm

Neither did I

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:09 pm

I haven’t heard anything either today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:04 pm

Nothing here so far either. I turned off my call screening and have received and answered too many spam calls in the past week.😆

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:06 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:30 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:38 am
I read on Reddit that some interviewees were told they will hear back in "mid-March" with offers...did anyone else hear this "mid-March" timeline...I was really hoping to hear something sooner.
I was definitely told early March. I'm now choosing to believe that they have already ranked us to an extent and that the people who were told early March are higher up on the list and the people who were told mid-March are second round draft picks. 😆

Also, where have you read this on Reddit? People keep talking about posts on there, but I can't seem to find them.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have interviewed multiple times and been told the timing for offers without receiving one. Government interviews are standardized by design--they pretty much have to ask the same questions and impart the same information to all interviewees.
For those who have interviewed multiple times: Has it been the same interview panel and question set?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm

Nothing today...

Mad1422978

New

Post by Mad1422978 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:32 pm

First time posting here... a little comforting that it seems we're all in this together (I.e., no one has heard anything yet). Here's hoping we hear maybe tomorrow?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:33 pm

I haven't heard anything today...I suppose mid-March was the correct timeline...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:41 pm

Haven’t heard anything either. This has to be the last week to reasonably expect a call. Fingers crossed

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:57 pm

I'm really hoping we hear by tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:06 pm

wow, who knew waiting would be tortureeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:12 am

Now i'm wondering if they come one here and read our messages and laugh at us lolol. I'm trying to stay positive and just assume that they loved every single interviewee and they are trying to find a way to hire all of us!!! :D :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:57 am

Hey! So I’ve interviewed twice….first time being about 10 years ago back when it was a two panel interview and you had to travel to Alexandria. Obviously it was not the same panelists, however questions were very similar and interview was similarly informative as well. No good cop, bad cop routine this time around…and that supervisor disagreement question was also asked the first time I interviewed. As of 10am today, I haven’t received a call either. Good luck to all! May the odds be ever in our favor!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:45 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I read on Reddit that some interviewees were told they will hear back in "mid-March" with offers...did anyone else hear this "mid-March" timeline...I was really hoping to hear something sooner.
I was definitely told early March. I'm now choosing to believe that they have already ranked us to an extent and that the people who were told early March are higher up on the list and the people who were told mid-March are second round draft picks. 😆

Also, where have you read this on Reddit? People keep talking about posts on there, but I can't seem to find them.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have interviewed multiple times and been told the timing for offers without receiving one. Government interviews are standardized by design--they pretty much have to ask the same questions and impart the same information to all interviewees.
For those who have interviewed multiple times: Has it been the same interview panel and question set?
Not the same panel (but repeat offenders among managers (that you might not notice if you don't have a good memory)) and similar questions but also random curveballs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:44 pm

I haven’t heard anything today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:04 pm

I've heard nothing today...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:19 pm

Nothing here either
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:04 pm
I've heard nothing today...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:51 pm

Likewise! Ugh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:50 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not the same panel (but repeat offenders among managers (that you might not notice if you don't have a good memory)) and similar questions but also random curveballs.
When you applied again, did you use the same application material you used before? If I don't get a call back this round I plan to apply again... tbh idk what I would do differently I guess in this case it would be my interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:00 am

I haven't heard anything either guys. Given the timeline, I think its possible that we were all just unlucky and calls have already gone out. Maybe thats my inner pessimist!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:00 am
I haven't heard anything either guys. Given the timeline, I think its possible that we were all just unlucky and calls have already gone out. Maybe thats my inner pessimist!
I am really stressing about these calls not going out, so I have done the math. There are at least 8 people here that interviewed and haven't heard back yet.
Let's suppose 90 people interviewed and 30 were hired. With these numbers, there are only 3.3% chances that a random group of 8 people out of the 90 interviewed would turn out to be all not-selected.
I wanted to share that with you, for what's worth.
Now I am going back to stressing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:34 pm

First time posting - I also interviewed and was/am hopeful, but haven’t heard anything. Feeling less hopeful as the days and weeks go on!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:04 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:50 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

When you applied again, did you use the same application material you used before? If I don't get a call back this round I plan to apply again... tbh idk what I would do differently I guess in this case it would be my interview.
I always update my cover letter, resume, and written statement with any new positions and how they and the knowledge and/or skills gained therein are relevant to the USPTO job duties. I also do more interview prep based on previous interviews and the questions and comments of the managers, but I haven't been successful yet so who knows.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:34 pm
First time posting - I also interviewed and was/am hopeful, but haven’t heard anything. Feeling less hopeful as the days and weeks go on!

This is exactly how I feel too

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”