3L Public Defender Applications Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: 3L Public Defender Applications

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:17 pm

Pdwave wrote:Hey All -

Fellow 3L PD hopeful here. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from CPCS (Massachusetts) or New Hampshire PD? I had a first round with CPCS and was then directed to submit an application through their online portal back in like early-mid October and haven't heard anything.

As for NHPD, I had a first round at my school in September and then a Panel interview in October, which I thought went well, though I haven't heard anything from them. I recall the attorney who led the panel telling me that they'd have all their offers out by the end of December, but I'm not sure this is accurate.

Finally, as for Colorado, does it seem like they've already sent out all of their offers, or will they be coming out in batches?

Apologies for all the questions! And thanks in advance.
I haven't heard of any movement from CPCS yet, they are infamously slow in the hiring process. I've heard NHPD gave some people on-the-spot offers at the panel interview, but other than those I don't know of anyone who has heard back either way. Seems like 12/2 is the deadline CO gave for their first round of offers, so depending how many accept there may be another wave after that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am

Pdwave wrote:Hey All -

Fellow 3L PD hopeful here. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from CPCS (Massachusetts) or New Hampshire PD? I had a first round with CPCS and was then directed to submit an application through their online portal back in like early-mid October and haven't heard anything.

As for NHPD, I had a first round at my school in September and then a Panel interview in October, which I thought went well, though I haven't heard anything from them. I recall the attorney who led the panel telling me that they'd have all their offers out by the end of December, but I'm not sure this is accurate.

Finally, as for Colorado, does it seem like they've already sent out all of their offers, or will they be coming out in batches?

Apologies for all the questions! And thanks in advance.
I did a screener with CPCS in September, then submitted the online app in October and recently they sent me a “pre-employment inquiry” that I filled out and returned to them. It was a bunch of additional short answer questions and they also ask for a writing sample, transcript, and at least three letters of recommendation. After I sent it in I was told I’d hear about next steps “in the coming weeks.” Who knows when exactly.

As for NH, I also did a panel interview toward the end of October and I still haven’t heard anything. I was told they’d be making offers by mid-December.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Has anyone gotten an offer from Maryland?

With Colorado, when did first rounds go out? I believe I did a skype interview with them after the first rounds were sent. Anyone know the likelihood that they will send another batch?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Has anyone heard from Metropolitan PD in Portland? I had a skype interview with them a while back and was told I’d hear back by the end of November. I haven’t, so I’m assuming it’s a no but am curious if anyone else has heard anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:04 pm

Anyone heard from Philly?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:36 am

I got an offer from NHPD yesterday. I was told they're hiring a class of 14 this year and have already got 8 (now 9!) locked in. I'd anticipate most, if not all, offers will be made by mid-to-late December.

Wishing the best of luck to everyone here!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Maryland?

With Colorado, when did first rounds go out? I believe I did a skype interview with them after the first rounds were sent. Anyone know the likelihood that they will send another batch?
Colorado offers went out the week of November 11th!

shep1213

New

Post by shep1213 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know if there will be a second round of offers? I second round interviewed with them the week of November 11th. I’ve sent an email, but I haven’t received a response. So I’m assuming it’s a no.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:44 pm

shep1213 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know if there will be a second round of offers? I second round interviewed with them the week of November 11th. I’ve sent an email, but I haven’t received a response. So I’m assuming it’s a no.
Maybe! Back in September, they told people they would do offers in early December with maybe some early offers mid-late November.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:16 am

Updates anyone? Anyone had an LAS third round yet? Or gotten an offer from Philadelphia after "recruitment weekend"?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Updates anyone? Anyone had an LAS third round yet? Or gotten an offer from Philadelphia after "recruitment weekend"?
I have my LAS second round this week, so they could be waiting to finish them all before sending out third rounds. As for Philadelphia, I did my panel interview last week and was told they were finishing those by that Friday (12/13), so maybe now that they're done they're going to start sending out offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:37 pm

For folks who have accepted offers from New Hampshire — what were some deciding factors for you? I’m trying to decide whether to accept my offer and could use all the advice I can get. I still have a couple of pending applications that I would be equally or more excited about getting offers from, but NH is the only sure thing I have right now. I’ve heard it is a great place to work with an excellent training program, and so far everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me throughout the interviewing process. I’m torn! Anything else about the office that made you say yes / yes over other places?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For folks who have accepted offers from New Hampshire — what were some deciding factors for you? I’m trying to decide whether to accept my offer and could use all the advice I can get. I still have a couple of pending applications that I would be equally or more excited about getting offers from, but NH is the only sure thing I have right now. I’ve heard it is a great place to work with an excellent training program, and so far everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me throughout the interviewing process. I’m torn! Anything else about the office that made you say yes / yes over other places?
I don’t have any insights but am in a similar boat! Would appreciate any advice on NHPD.

I know Colorado, Seattle, Miami, Maryland, and New Hampshire have all made offers... anyone gotten good news from other offices?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:39 pm

does anyone have any info on what the LAS in NY is like with final round? what are your chances at that point?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For folks who have accepted offers from New Hampshire — what were some deciding factors for you? I’m trying to decide whether to accept my offer and could use all the advice I can get. I still have a couple of pending applications that I would be equally or more excited about getting offers from, but NH is the only sure thing I have right now. I’ve heard it is a great place to work with an excellent training program, and so far everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me throughout the interviewing process. I’m torn! Anything else about the office that made you say yes / yes over other places?
Same poster here -- I decided to accept my offer! Officially withdrew from everywhere else today. Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm sure you'll all end up in great offices :)

lolhelp

New

Post by lolhelp » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:24 pm

Congrats! What factored into your decision to accept? Would love to hear what tipped the scales, either here or by PM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:02 pm

Anyone have updates to share? Anyone have a Tina interview with LAS yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mkd374

New

Post by Mkd374 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have updates to share? Anyone have a Tina interview with LAS yet?
Just got an invite to interview with Tina today

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 pm

I interviewed in mid-December and was told I should expect an update re: Tina interview at the end of the month.

Anyone gotten word from Philadelphia?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:18 am

Mkd374 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have updates to share? Anyone have a Tina interview with LAS yet?
Just got an invite to interview with Tina today
How quickly were you able to schedule the Tina interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Has anyone gotten a sense of when LAS is expecting to make offers? I know they tend to take a (very) long time, but any info would be helpful as I'm sitting on another offer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 pm

I got my offer today from LAS and I heard that one other person from a school in my area also got an offer today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got my offer today from LAS and I heard that one other person from a school in my area also got an offer today.
Congrats!! When did you have your Tina interview?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:47 pm

I've heard back from Colorado and Kentucky DPA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:56 pm

Anyone here doing Gideon's Promise?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”