Chicago Recruiters Post-Clerkship? Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Chicago Recruiters Post-Clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Hi all. I'm finishing up a federal clerkship and want to return to Chicago to practice business litigation (specifically antitrust/white collar crime). Went to a T25, median grades, strong recommendations from federal judges and law school professors.

I've been told to stay away from certain recruiters, who will do nothing except forward a resume. Which recruiters place well in Chicago and are reliable? Also, is it better to use a recruiter for a post-clerkship position, or just send out applications and network on my own?

Thank you!

anonrecruiter

New

Re: Chicago Recruiters Post-Clerkship?

Post by anonrecruiter » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:14 am

Many firms will not pay a recruiter fee for fed clerks since they're usually quite junior and will also receive a significant clerkship bonus. A *good* recruiter would know that their involvement could hurt your chances at this particular stage in your career and decline to work with you on that basis. Good recruiters will reach out to assist you with your next lateral move, but I'd be wary of anyone offering to work with you now.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”