DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell? Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:36 pm

(I posted this on the clerkship page but have received only one reply -- so I am posting here as well)

I recently accepted a clerkship on the DE Court of Chancery for the term following graduation. I have heard that Delaware Court of Chancery clerks often go to Wachtell.

I guess I am just wondering what the odds would be that I get an offer from them after I complete the clerkship and how significant of an effect having my grades drop a bit in 3L will be on those prospects.

Annon for obvious reasons.

Anonymous User

Re: DE Chancery Clerk --> Wachtell?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:36 pm
(I posted this on the clerkship page but have received only one reply -- so I am posting here as well)

I recently accepted a clerkship on the DE Court of Chancery for the term following graduation. I have heard that Delaware Court of Chancery clerks often go to Wachtell.

I guess I am just wondering what the odds would be that I get an offer from them after I complete the clerkship and how significant of an effect having my grades drop a bit in 3L will be on those prospects.

Annon for obvious reasons.
Your odds are not good because nobody's odds are good--the firm is extremely selective and gets more qualified apps than it has slots. From the other thread, your stats are top 10% at a lower T14, which is below the firm's usual profile. Grades matter a lot, and a drop 3L will hurt. Chancery will help, but it's nowhere close to an auto-hire.

Overall, worth an app, but don't get too hung up on it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”