Biglaw H-1B policy, international students Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
marydoo

New

Biglaw H-1B policy, international students

Post by marydoo » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:33 am

Hi,

I am a current international 3L student, and will be working at a big firm in NYC after graduation. There were few posts on this but I wanted to ask once again, if you personally experienced or know, what happened to international students at big firms when they were not selected for h-1b visa. I've heard a lot of this and that, some people saying you will definitely be let go and relocating to a foreign office is extremely rare. I've also had some people say firms will be willing to relocate you.

I know this is highly firm and time specific depending on the needs and circumstances of the market, but I just wanted to hear what the general experiences has actually been if you know any.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Re: Biglaw H-1B policy, international students

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:09 pm

marydoo wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:33 am
Hi,

I am a current international 3L student, and will be working at a big firm in NYC after graduation. There were few posts on this but I wanted to ask once again, if you personally experienced or know, what happened to international students at big firms when they were not selected for h-1b visa. I've heard a lot of this and that, some people saying you will definitely be let go and relocating to a foreign office is extremely rare. I've also had some people say firms will be willing to relocate you.

I know this is highly firm and time specific depending on the needs and circumstances of the market, but I just wanted to hear what the general experiences has actually been if you know any.
Dm me the name of your firm and I can help.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”