Los Angeles Biglaw (Hours, Parking, commute etc..) Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Black_Swan

Bronze

Los Angeles Biglaw (Hours, Parking, commute etc..)

Post by Black_Swan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:21 am

Hi,
Anyone working in Los Angeles at S&C, Simpson, Skadden, Latham or K&E?
Do you care to share what the lifestyle and benefits are?
1) Parking
Is parking covered by firms in Century City? And how much is it? I heard there is subway Line coming soon. That would be sooo helpful!
2) How do you navigate driving to and from work? Especially when you have to work overnight? Or is that not a thing in West Coast offices?
3) Can you share details about other benefits? Uber home? Seamless? Gym? Cable? Health insurance etc...
4) What do you think the growth opportunities are compared to the NY office?

Thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles Biglaw (Hours, Parking, commute etc..)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

I’ll only speak to 1-2 because I worked at a boutique in CC, but i can almost guarantee the firm will cover parking. I only used public transportation from DTLA, but I recommend west side or miracle mile if you’re still looking for places and will be working in CC.

From DTLA, your trip via public transportation will be something like taking the metro purple line (subway), but it only goes as far as Western and Wilshire. When you get to Western/Wilshire, you catch the 720 or 20 bus to get to CC. It’s a short 10 min walk from the bus stop to get to the mall, which is likely near/across from your building. There’s many 720 buses throughout the day (prob one every 10-15 min) because it ends right at the beach in Santa Monica.

Black_Swan

Bronze

Re: Los Angeles Biglaw (Hours, Parking, commute etc..)

Post by Black_Swan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:02 pm

That you!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”