Anyone else stressed about H-1B visa sponsorship? Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Anyone else stressed about H-1B visa sponsorship?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:13 am

Hello fellow international J.D. students.
I'm done with my law school's OCI process, and I have a couple of good offers, but I'm starting get stressed out because of firms' H1b visa sponsorship policies.
The firm that I liked the most does sponsor visas, but is not that great (will send you abroad but no 3L sponsorship + no L1 visa). I didn't like the vibe of this other firm, but their visa sponsorship policy is great. There's no big difference in terms of firm ranking/prestige.
Do you think I should accept my offer with the firm that has the better visa policy?
How are you all making your decisions?

Anonymous User

Re: Anyone else stressed about H-1B visa sponsorship?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:11 pm

Congrats on getting offers. I'm an international JD. I'm still in the process of interviewing. Since I'm not from a top tier law school, I'm more stressed about getting a job lol.
I think it depends on your future plan. Do you want to stay in the US for the long term or you want to work at the firm you like? From your post, I feel you want sponsorship. So I suggest taking your second favorite offer which gives you sponsorship. I'm not familiar with firm cultures, but I assume the firm culture may be slightly different abroad (cuz culture, society norms, etc). So maybe also take that into account. It's definitely a tough decision. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”