Biglaw FaceTime requirements Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Amicus_Curiae2013

New

Biglaw FaceTime requirements

Post by Amicus_Curiae2013 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi,
I am looking for input from corporate associates (m&a, capital markets) on general FaceTime requirements at the following firms:
1) NYC V5
2) Los Angeles/century city -Skadden, Latham, S&C, K&E
3) NYC -Cleary, Simpson
I understand that this may be influenced by partners’ preferences, but I appreciate any feedback on Pre-pandemic requirements and any info about future requirements when things return to normal. Thanks.

Mullens

Silver

Re: Biglaw FaceTime requirements

Post by Mullens » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 pm

NYC V10 M&A and cap markets are probably the most FaceTime demanding of any biglaw practices generally. Certainly at places like Cravath, where you could be expected to be in the office from 10 am to midnight every day.

FaceTime requirements in other cities are generally less stringent where more people leave for dinner with their families and then log back in at night.

Anonymous User

Re: Biglaw FaceTime requirements

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:00 am

Mullens wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 pm
NYC V10 M&A and cap markets are probably the most FaceTime demanding of any biglaw practices generally. Certainly at places like Cravath, where you could be expected to be in the office from 10 am to midnight every day.

FaceTime requirements in other cities are generally less stringent where more people leave for dinner with their families and then log back in at night.
Thanks. Any input on firms with no or little face time requirements within NYC V10?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”