Boston Biglaw Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Boston Biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi all.

I'm currently a 2L at a T6 (transfer) and am considering heading back home to Boston after graduation and am wondering what the biglaw market is like there. If anyone has any insight into quality of work, salary, etc., that would be much appreciated.

More broadly, would I be dumb to go to Boston over NYC/DC from a career/experience perspective?

Thanks!

RPK34

Silver

Re: Boston Biglaw

Post by RPK34 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:29 pm
Hi all.

I'm currently a 2L at a T6 (transfer) and am considering heading back home to Boston after graduation and am wondering what the biglaw market is like there. If anyone has any insight into quality of work, salary, etc., that would be much appreciated.

More broadly, would I be dumb to go to Boston over NYC/DC from a career/experience perspective?

Thanks!
Salary is market. It’s a better COL than NYC, but still biglaw life style in general. I find the people here much better to work with than NYC lawyers, who tend to be more of the stereotyped biglaw attorneys people describe on here.

At least on the corporate side, the market here is built around private equity, tech and life sciences. Some of the NYC biglaw practices transition well to Boston (PE, fund formation and equity capital markets), and a lot don’t (bank work, public company M&A, debt capital markets, etc.). If you’re interested in litigation, I imagine it’s all mostly transferable.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”