2L SA regret Forum

(timeline of applying to summer job opportunities, Internships, associate positions, networking, summer school, career path choices)
Anonymous User

2L SA regret

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:16 pm

So long story short I chose Jones Day & their black box for my 2L summer over a firm that pays market in my city and is stronger in the region overall. I could make excuses for my uninformed/hasty decision, but ultimately I'd like some advice on what to do moving forward.

First, I am going into my JD summer with an open mind. I'll at least leave with a little more knowledge about the inner-workings of the firm (possibly).

Second, I will be clerking for 2 years post-grad. Is there some scenario where I could summer at JD but then sign on with a different firm post-clerkship? Even if that firm is literally down the street from JD? lol

Also, my judge is familiar with and approves of both firms equally - so I don't think she'd be upset if I changed course.

Anonymous User

Re: 2L SA regret

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:16 pm
Is there some scenario where I could summer at JD but then sign on with a different firm post-clerkship?
Yes, absolutely, this is normal and you can and should try to do this; no need to worry about it at all

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “1st Year and 2nd Year Summer”