SA Housing Swap Thread Forum

(timeline of applying to summer job opportunities, Internships, associate positions, networking, summer school, career path choices)
stativus

New

Re: SA Housing Swap Thread

Post by stativus » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have a studio in NYC near Columbia, but it won't be available until June 2nd/3rd and I would need it back by August 25th. I think that's late for most SA programs(?), but if anyone is interested I'll post some pics and my e-mail here. If you arrive a few days to a week earlier and want to leave most of your stuff here while staying at a hostel/friend's place temporarily, that would work too.

Some specs:
Elevator building. On-site laundry. Queen bed. Really close to the subway. AC (you would think this would be obvious during NYC summers but I've learned from my own subletting adventures that LLMs don't believe in air conditioning).

Price:
1650 with all utilities and internet included. 750 security deposit.

If these dates/prices work for anyone, I can post my email.
you might wanna try contacting students who attend a quarter-system school like UChi or Stanford. They end later than everyone else so probably would be perfect for them

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:10 pm

DC-based student here who will be summering in Boston.

I have a fully-furnished 1 bedroom in the Glover Park neighborhood of DC available for rent from May through August. All utilities will be included. Please let me know if you are interested and I will share more information.

Also, the house I will be staying in in Boston's Allston neighborhood has an extra bedroom available. Similarly, let me know if you are interested and I will share more info.

sjp200

Bronze

Post by sjp200 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DC-based student here who will be summering in Boston.

I have a fully-furnished 1 bedroom in the Glover Park neighborhood of DC available for rent from May through August. All utilities will be included. Please let me know if you are interested and I will share more information.

Also, the house I will be staying in in Boston's Allston neighborhood has an extra bedroom available. Similarly, let me know if you are interested and I will share more info.
Interested but need to know more about location. Hate buses, don't mind taking the train. Also got a dog with me

hmmmbop

New

Post by hmmmbop » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:DC-based student here who will be summering in Boston.

I am interested!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:36 pm

maroon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any apartments in Houston? Close to downtown?
What dates? If you're interested in a private bed and bath in a house, I'll be gone this summer. My roommate takes the bus downtown with ease.
What neighborhood? How far out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RZRZ

New

Post by RZRZ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:20 pm

1BR apartment available in Chicago, easy access to downtown by metro (15 mins) or bus (20-40 mins). Free access to gym and swimming pool. PM if interested.

Also looking for a studio in NYC close to midtown.

maroon

New

Post by maroon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
maroon wrote:
What dates? If you're interested in a private bed and bath in a house, I'll be gone this summer. My roommate takes the bus downtown with ease.
Upper Kirby. Very close to Trader Joe's on Shepherd.

RomaLaw

New

Post by RomaLaw » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:38 pm

amk338@georgetown.edu
nyu2019maybeplease wrote:I don't have anything in NYC but i'd love to take your studio. How do i get in contact with you?
RomaLaw wrote:I'm looking for a cat-friendly studio or 1 BR in NYC that is a fairly easy/quick commute to midtown, 5th Ave.

Would be interested in subletting or swapping. I have a 700+ sq. ft. studio on 2nd and I St. NE in DC. Just across from the SEC and a 5 minute walk to Union Station. Thanks.

Heisenbyrd

New

Post by Heisenbyrd » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

DC student here, will be summering in CA. Here's my listing:

Full access to a 2-bedroom condo in North Bethesda. Fully furnished, with all utilities included for $1600/mo. Short walk to metro, which is a ~30 straight shot to Downtown DC. I do it everyday and it's super straightforward/cheap/efficient. Happy to provide more details if interested!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

marshy21

New

Post by marshy21 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Looking for a place in San Diego for the summer if anyone has anything!

And my 1-bed apartment in Austin is available, $1049/month, fully furnished, pretty central location. Feel free to message me!

tralala

New

Post by tralala » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:14 pm

-

DeMihiNonCuratLex

New

Post by DeMihiNonCuratLex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:41 pm

maroon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
maroon wrote:
I am also interested in this. If you're still looking for a sublettor please email me at HoustonSummerAssociate@gmail.com. I'm looking for a place from 5/21 through 8/5.

pizzagoblin

Bronze

Post by pizzagoblin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Looking for a place in Tampa from mid-May to late July.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jhk31491

New

Post by jhk31491 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Anyone looking for a place in Nashville? Have a 3 BR apt I want to sublet between may - july. Probably the cheapest you will find (~$2300, utilities included) with a bus directly to downtown (probably a ten-fifteen minute bus ride).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Also looking for a place in midtown Houston with easy access with public transport, from the end of May to June. Up to $1200, anybody have anything?

maroon

New

Post by maroon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am

DeMihiNonCuratLex wrote:
maroon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
maroon wrote:
I am also interested in this. If you're still looking for a sublettor please email me at HoustonSummerAssociate@gmail.com. I'm looking for a place from 5/21 through 8/5.
Sorry, no longer available! Good luck though!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 am

Have you had any luck? I'm looking in the same area and can't find anything.
ChristineBaskets wrote:Looking for a sublet in the vicinity of Roseland, NJ (northern NJ, near-ish to Newark). Was thinking that Rutgers or Seton Hall students would be my best bet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sc564

New

Post by sc564 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Looking for a 1BR place in ATL for 10 weeks! preferably Buckhead and under $1200 per month if possible

ChristineBaskets

New

Post by ChristineBaskets » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Have you had any luck? I'm looking in the same area and can't find anything.
ChristineBaskets wrote:Looking for a sublet in the vicinity of Roseland, NJ (northern NJ, near-ish to Newark). Was thinking that Rutgers or Seton Hall students would be my best bet.
I ended up finding a place in Ironbound (on Craiglist) being rented out by a Rutgers Law student. A bit of a commute to work, but nothing too crazy. I would say your best bets are:

* Join Facebook groups with the words rent/sublet/Northern NJ/Essex County in the group name, and post that you're searching for a summer sublet
* Join Facebook groups full of Seton Hall, NJIT, Rutgers Newark, Caldwell U, Montclair State students and do the same
* If you're on Reddit, post in r/newark, r/newjersey, r/NJIT, r/Rutgers, etc., and ask if anyone is looking to sublet for the summer
* Craigslist-North Jersey should have some places

meeseeks

Silver

Post by meeseeks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 am

Looking for a place in DC from 5/20 - 7/28. Preferably close to the White House/Capitol Hill area.

lexisoverwest

New

Post by lexisoverwest » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Looking for a place in DC for June/July, and preferably the end of May (after 5/20 ish) too! Preferably downtown/Chinatown

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ellachem

New

Post by ellachem » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 am

I am looking for an apartment or a room near Palo Alto from mid May till the end of July. Please PM me! Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Looking for a Houston downtown apartment from end of May through end of July, any availability?

socalguy

New

Post by socalguy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Early post but looking for summer housing near Century City mall. Preferably Westwood/Beverly Hills/Palms/Sawtelle that area. Hmu I have housing in Cambridge/Boston area

htownsublet

New

Post by htownsublet » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Looking for Houston sublet from End of May to End of July, needs to be close to downtown.

Also, have a room and bathroom available in a 2BR 2Bath apartment in Berkeley for the same time period. Easy BART access to SF and close to fun things.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “1st Year and 2nd Year Summer”