Moving from small to large company Forum

(Discuss Advantages vs Disadvantages, Making the Switch From Private Practice to In-House, Compensation & Hours, Work-Life balance, In-House Reviews & Experiences)
canterlol

Bronze

Moving from small to large company

Post by canterlol » Tue May 02, 2023 3:53 pm

I'm a third year who moved in-house a year ago from a large regional firm to a small, privately held but established company. I oversee some of the non-legal staff, and the plan is for me to step into the GC role in a few years. I have a good work-life balance with decent salary, though obviously won't be making GC salaries seen at F500 firms (and that's ok with me). My only concern is that I'm not sure I see myself as a lifer at this company, and am wondering how difficult it would be to find a position in the legal department of a larger company within the same industry. I only started applying for these positions this week so it's too early to tell. Appreciate any insight.

jhett

Bronze

Re: Moving from small to large company

Post by jhett » Wed May 03, 2023 11:59 am

It shouldn't be much of an issue, as long as your skills align with what these companies are looking for. Experience trumps basically anything else in the in-house world.

Anonymous User

Re: Moving from small to large company

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 28, 2023 2:31 pm

I agree with the above comment. Most in-house positions care about your skill sets rather the big law stuff, and of course, your personality and ability to work with the non-legal people. In sum, whether you fit the company.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “In-House”