P3 infrastructure inhouse counsel Forum

(Discuss Advantages vs Disadvantages, Making the Switch From Private Practice to In-House, Compensation & Hours, Work-Life balance, In-House Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

P3 infrastructure inhouse counsel

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:38 pm

Anyone familiar with market salary for inhouse counsel in the heavy civil P3 infrastructure market? Regardless of location and experience, none of my colleagues seem to make over $200k, as far as I'm aware.

I don't know if this is because it's construction or because it's a european-based company or if it's standard.

Any insight from anyone in a similar position? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous User

Re: P3 infrastructure inhouse counsel

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 pm

I am in-house in infrastructure, having previously worked at a large international construction firm, and now currently at a global infrastructure firm. The field is generally lower paying than some others, however, you can find many positions over $200k base. I maybe able to offer more advice depending on what experience you have, what the position is that you're looking at, location, etc.

At both my last and current company, mid-junior lawyers could make over $200k base (depending on what you negotiated). At my current company, mid-level attorneys can easily get to $300-400k all in. I will say that, if you are a pretty junior lawyer (think 2-5 years out of law school), you are unlikely to be over $200k base unless you are in certain practice groups within the infrastructure company (think M&A, complex litigation, securities, etc.)

My experience is with US positions, despite both of my companies being international.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “In-House”