Product Counsel Resume and Interview Forum

(Discuss Advantages vs Disadvantages, Making the Switch From Private Practice to In-House, Compensation & Hours, Work-Life balance, In-House Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Product Counsel Resume and Interview

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:50 am

Hi friends,

I'm a 3rd year at a V15 firm with MA and Tech trans/privacy experience, looking to go in-house at a big tech for a product counsel / privacy role likely before I turn 4th year. Most of my experience are MA/PE related (the tech trans and privacy I do are also mostly deal-support), with some general corporate and some standalone IP transaction and privacy experiences, but still, my resume has MA written all over it... wondering what would be the best way to present myself in the resume that sends the right message to the in-house world, i.e., how to best connect my MA-focused experience with the type of work an in-house counsel would do and highlight the right qualities they are after.

Would also appreciate advice on how to talk about this during actual interviews. The thing I'm worried about is that they are going to say, so you're a deal lawyer... And I want to be able to turn that into, yes I'm bringing all the wisdom and experience I built as a deal lawyer to this product counsel role.

Much appreciated the wisdom from y'all!

Return to “In-House”