Inhouse to Biglaw Forum

(Discuss Advantages vs Disadvantages, Making the Switch From Private Practice to In-House, Compensation & Hours, Work-Life balance, In-House Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Inhouse to Biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 pm

I'm currently a senior in-house attorney at a FAANG. I'm debating potential other opportunities and wondering how hard it would be to secure a senior associate or Counsel role at a biglaw firm. I have 4 years of midlaw firm + 4 years inhouse. I could not secure biglaw out of law school because of subpar grades + TTT school. Area of practice is privacy.

jagpaw

New

Re: Inhouse to Biglaw

Post by jagpaw » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 pm
I'm currently a senior in-house attorney at a FAANG. I'm debating potential other opportunities and wondering how hard it would be to secure a senior associate or Counsel role at a biglaw firm. I have 4 years of midlaw firm + 4 years inhouse. I could not secure biglaw out of law school because of subpar grades + TTT school. Area of practice is privacy.
I think you could be competitive for a privacy/TTG position. Any reason why you want to leave FAANG? Lots of people view it as the dream on the other side of the fence...

TTTMadeit2019

New

Re: Inhouse to Biglaw

Post by TTTMadeit2019 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:57 am

jagpaw wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 pm
I think you could be competitive for a privacy/TTG position. Any reason why you want to leave FAANG? Lots of people view it as the dream on the other side of the fence...
just wondering what my options might be. what about FAANG to start up?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “In-House”