In-House Counsel Interview Rounds Forum

(Discuss Advantages vs Disadvantages, Making the Switch From Private Practice to In-House, Compensation & Hours, Work-Life balance, In-House Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Re: In-House Counsel Interview Rounds

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:16 pm
I am in the middle of the process with a mid-sized startup that recently started building a legal department. Is it unusual for the interview process to consist of just an HR screen and an interview with the head of legal? It has been indicated to me the process isn't any more involved than that.

It seems very streamlined, but there are no other lawyers at the company and this is for a fairly junior role. Not sure how much input business folks would usually have on a hire like this.
For what it's worth, I interviewed at a mid-size startup with two lawyers and the process went: HR screener -> head of legal -> written work product test -> interview with head of legal and other lawyer -> offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:34 pm
I’m in the process of interviewing at a public non-FAANG tech company. I’m heading into step 4 next. Any insight on this step?

1. Recruiter
2. Hiring manager
3. Onsite with five members of the legal team
4. GC
This anon. Didn't get the job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 pm
I did an assignment as part of an interview with a public tech company, after completing several rounds with the recruiter, the hiring manager, and a panel.
This anon. Didn't get this job either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “In-House”