Thoughts on Jenner SF? Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Chicaaa

New

Thoughts on Jenner SF?

Post by Chicaaa » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:17 am

Also, does the firm allow splits?

Anonymous User

Re: Thoughts on Jenner SF?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:54 pm

was very popular with SLS students this year and I'm still trying to place why

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:54 pm
Top litigation firm country-wide, very liberal culture + pro bono focused. Not surprising that the types of students who'd go to SLS would be interested.

Also, with the office being very new, possible that they were recruiting median or above-median students - which would be lower than usual for Jenner & thus be seen as good "value" for those median candidates who otherwise wouldn't get a sniff at the top lit firms. For reference, Jenner DC recruits T6 magna/coif + feeder COA level talent in DC and T13 high cum laude + good district level in Chicago for litigation (roughly even with Kirkland and Sidley in the market).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Top litigation firm country-wide, very liberal culture + pro bono focused. Not surprising that the types of students who'd go to SLS would be interested.

Also, with the office being very new, possible that they were recruiting median or above-median students - which would be lower than usual for Jenner & thus be seen as good "value" for those median candidates who otherwise wouldn't get a sniff at the top lit firms. For reference, Jenner DC recruits T6 magna/coif + feeder COA level talent in DC and T13 high cum laude + good district level in Chicago for litigation (roughly even with Kirkland and Sidley in the market).
I'm well below median HYS and was given an offer for the LA office. Just not sure if SF is on the level of competitiveness of the DC/Chi offices or LA/NY.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:04 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm well below median HYS and was given an offer for the LA office. Just not sure if SF is on the level of competitiveness of the DC/Chi offices or LA/NY.
For litigation? Wow, that's lower than I thought (but congrats to you!).

That's kind of my point - while it's up in the air, Jenner's brand in nationwide litigation circles is strong, so if I was median or below at Stanford and none of the usual elite lit shops in the market like Keker were an option, I might see Jenner SF as a worthwhile gamble. Worst case scenario if the office flops, at least one lateral to a similarly positioned office like Deb SF or to a lower ranked firm in another city with an out of the loop recruiting manager might be on the cards. Best case scenario, Jenner SF establishes as something close to DC (unlikely) or Chi (possible), then you're joining one of the stronger lit offices in the SF market as an associate that's going to get good work & be established automatically as a member of the first one or two summer classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”