Bidlist Question Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
breathbecomesairrr

New

Bidlist Question

Post by breathbecomesairrr » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi all,

I goto a "T6" (no such thing, besides T14 + HYS but it provides clarity for the sake of this post) that doesn't really provide an excel sheet with sortable grades.

How should I organize my bidlist past the top twenty positions? I am at a loss on how to fill up the rest of the slots. Also, do I have to fill out the rest of the slots in full? I feel like there's not enough biglaw firms that would even offer an interview past slot 40.

Thanks as always.

Anonymous User

Re: Bidlist Question

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:07 pm

Just fill it with places that you would even consider working and if you run out of places then just pick places randomly. Then once you get an offer, you can go ahead and withdraw from all those places.

Also, "T6" is a thing... at least in some circumstances. The judge I clerked for did in fact view HYS as superior to CCN, which in turn was viewed as superior to MVPB, which in turn was viewed as superior to Cornell Northwestern GULC and Duke. This is true for firms too. Go look at Wachtell's website and see how many lawyers come from the T6 (even excluding HYS) as opposed to the rest of the T14.

Anonymous User

Re: Bidlist Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:54 pm

Chicago bumped Harvard which is now tied with Columbia.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”