Pre-OCI Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Anonymous User

Pre-OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 10, 2022 12:11 am

Slightly below median from mid-T14. How should I strategize doing pre-OCI?
I've networked with a couple of V10 NYC big law firms (interested in transactional). Since my grades aren't stellar, I'm worried that reaching out to my top choice firms this early on in the process might risk them rejecting me before formal OCI begins. Should I still take the chance during pre-OCI or should I wait until my spring grades are out?

TL;DR: how should you go about choosing which firms to do pre-OCI if you don't have amazing grades?

Anonymous User

Re: Pre-OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:13 pm

You're correct re: possibility of pre-OCI rejection. If you're confident in your interviewing abilities, you should wait until OCI to apply for reach (V10 and other selective) firms. You could apply now if you have significantly networked with a firm or two, or to more realistic targets (i.e. V30).

That being said, you have a decent shot at the top NYC firms from around median at a mid-T14 given the large class sizes. Don't give up hope!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”