GPA cutoffs for UT Austin Law? Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Anonymous User

GPA cutoffs for UT Austin Law?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can share firm-specific requirements, such as GPA or class rank, for UT grads during OCI. If it changes anything, I'm a diversity candidate.

I'm most interested in hearing requirements for the following firms: L&W, Goodwin, K&E, Weil, Akin and Sidley.

Anonymous User

Re: GPA cutoffs for UT Austin Law?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:26 pm

Diversity absolutely changes the calculus. If you are diverse, then you will not be subject to a hard cutoff at any of the firms you listed. I have interviewed multiple diverse candidates with below or just-above 3.0 GPAs from UT who (in aggregate) had callbacks at each of these firms (and many others). Note that there may be office- or practice-group specific hard cutoffs, though.

Anonymous User

Re: GPA cutoffs for UT Austin Law?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:26 pm
Diversity absolutely changes the calculus. If you are diverse, then you will not be subject to a hard cutoff at any of the firms you listed. I have interviewed multiple diverse candidates with below or just-above 3.0 GPAs from UT who (in aggregate) had callbacks at each of these firms (and many others). Note that there may be office- or practice-group specific hard cutoffs, though.
This is good to know. Wonder if it still applies as I am middle eastern and not AA. Anyways, thx for the response.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”