didn't get interview from current employer Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Anonymous User

didn't get interview from current employer

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:08 pm

I have worked as a legal assistant for a mid-sized firm for 5 years. My evaluations are always stellar, my attorneys are always thrilled with my work product, etc. I'm a rising 3L, and bid on this firm through OCI...but didn't get an interview. This particular firm was accepting bids from rising 2Ls and 3Ls. It could be that they decided to go with mainly 2Ls. But, frankly, I'm pissed that I didn't even get an interview. I want to reach out to HR (who I had been in contact w/r/t summer positions in the past), but I don't know how to best approach this. Anyone in a similar boat?

Rule23andMe

New

Re: didn't get interview from current employer

Post by Rule23andMe » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:08 pm
I have worked as a legal assistant for a mid-sized firm for 5 years. My evaluations are always stellar, my attorneys are always thrilled with my work product, etc. I'm a rising 3L, and bid on this firm through OCI...but didn't get an interview. This particular firm was accepting bids from rising 2Ls and 3Ls. It could be that they decided to go with mainly 2Ls. But, frankly, I'm pissed that I didn't even get an interview. I want to reach out to HR (who I had been in contact w/r/t summer positions in the past), but I don't know how to best approach this. Anyone in a similar boat?
Seems like the best route may be asking some of the attorneys you worked for directly, no? If you only bid through OCI those dots may never have connected... I would just skip HR and reach out directly to whoever you worked closely with + would go to bat for you!

Wubbles

Bronze

Re: didn't get interview from current employer

Post by Wubbles » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:35 pm

In addition to maybe whiever checks OCI applications not picking up on your experience with the firm and 3L OCI interviewing being severely lower than 2L hiring, there might be other possibilities that you may not want to hear about. I'm not sure of your situation but I've seen this happen before and it's usually a combination of grades/school (but since they do OCI at your school, just grades maybe).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”