Upcoming OCI (After Academic Dismissal) Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
Anonymous User

Upcoming OCI (After Academic Dismissal)

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:26 pm

I was academically dismissed from a T4 law school after 1L following some extenuating circumstances that impacted my grades. I petitioned for readmission and it was granted. After going back to school, I worked hard and managed to place in the top 20% of my class. Currently weighing my options to transfer to a T1, such as BU or BC. Suppose I transfer to BC: would I strike out during OCIs due to the previous dismissal or would the firms pay more attention to how well I did when I was readmitted and subsequent success in transferring to a better law school?

Baron7

New

Re: Upcoming OCI (After Academic Dismissal)

Post by Baron7 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:34 pm

Your circumstances are relatively unique. I doubt there are many others who have gone through a similar series of events (matriculated into T4, academically dismissed, BC/BU transfer, etc). No one can say whether you will or will not strike out for certain, so just try to excel as any other law student would.

Xfer45

New

Re: Upcoming OCI (After Academic Dismissal)

Post by Xfer45 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:57 pm

Without considering the dismissal, given that BU/BC biglaw numbers appear to be below 50%, you're likely fighting an uphill battle as a T4 transfer who was not in the top 5% of the class at the original school.

Another way to look at this OP, ask yourself if big law firms in your current school's region hire down to top 20%?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”